SatelliteGuys FIRST LOOK - DISH's Hopper and Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
does ptat use up one tuner for those hours. I have the hopper and one joey and dont want to burn up one tuner during those hours. now if i had a super joey that would be another question.
Yes, it does.

How many shows on ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC do you record during "primetime" ?

Remember, you can set PTAT on a night-by-night basis. It doesn't have to be either 100% on or 100% off. You can have it record on Thursday only or Monday and Friday or Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday and so on.... There's not much point in restricting the networks as it will still use a tuner either way (you will save disk space though).

One of the nice things is that if you have multiple hoppers, you can turn PTAT off on one and watch from the other Hopper :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yes, it does.

How many shows on ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC do you record during "primetime" ?

Remember, you can set PTAT on a night-by-night basis. It doesn't have to be either 100% on or 100% off. You can have it record on Thursday only or Monday and Friday or Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday and so on.... There's not much point in restricting the networks as it will still use a tuner either way (you will save disk space though).

From what I recall Hall I don't think it eats up another timer. I have a test set up for tonite to check it out. My PTAT is enabled and I have made a series timer for FOX, CBS, and NBC set to fire off at 7 PM CST tonite. Also at 7 PM I have a series timer set up E! and Discovery channels. Looking in my Daily Schedule for 7 PM tonite I do not see the FOX, CBS, and NBC timers. I do see PTAT, the E! channel, and the Discovery channel ready to fire at 7 PM. Looking in my Timers listing I see PrimeTime Anytime and all five previously mentioned series timers. Will post back on how goes it.

Press yellow button while in the daily schedule. You will see the timers shown as skipped PTAT event.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

From what I recall Hall I don't think it eats up another timer. I have a test set up for tonite to check it out. My PTAT is enabled and I have made a series timer for FOX, CBS, and NBC set to fire off at 7 PM CST tonite. Also at 7 PM I have a series timer set up E! and Discovery channels. Looking in my Daily Schedule for 7 PM tonite I do not see the FOX, CBS, and NBC timers. I do see PTAT, the E! channel, and the Discovery channel ready to fire at 7 PM. Looking in my Timers listing I see PrimeTime Anytime and all five previously mentioned series timers. Will post back on how goes it.

Would be interested to know how this works. I believe one tuner will be occupied during prime time.
Another question is that does the hopper have set space for PTAT? or does it eat up on the timers space? I believe it has a dedicated space for PTAT.?

I'd like to know why (sometimes) the schedule dot will be one color for a program and another at the same time and both on the big 4 will be different color. This looks like you will be out of tuners and not able to schedule more shows. Sometimes one color will be for a big 4 and the same color for a non-big 4, huh? I usually try to fix this before it fails, if it would.
-Ken

Everything recorded.