SatelliteGuys First Look Review - DISH Sling Adapter

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded Firefox and everything works perfectly now.:)
;) except IE8 ;) seriously though, you might want to take a trip through the browser add ons you have, disable a bunch, see if you can get the site working, and if you do .. then you can go back through the ones you turned off, and enable them one at a time (or a group) until you start seeing the problem again.

Most people don't realize how many add-ons there are until they take a good long look at them.. making sure to "Show ALL" add-ons rather than only those loaded at the time they look .. :)

The real reason to try Firefox, was actually to see if the problem was with Application Specific or is something with the Machine.. then to troubleshoot from there.... hence the "good look at the add-ons".

I am having issues also where my reciever goes off network and when I am at work, no way to reset the reciever, kinda makes it useless if I cant use it 75% of the time. I have a quad core windows 7 laptop. I have pleanty of ram and my uplink at home is 1.5megs. I would think that would be enough for the midrange viewing, but as I said before, it keeps going off-line, and I have now hardwired it to the wireless router(bridge) and still having issues. So far kinda of a waste of money. Next time I guess I should just buy the retail version of the sling adapter and hook that up.

If you log on to your dish account online and bring up dish remote access, there is a reset option under preferences < receivers. I have not tried it myself but it might be an option. I know this works on the 922 but just saw it is an option the on sling adapter.

If you log on to your dish account online and bring up dish remote access, there is a reset option under preferences < receivers. I have not tried it myself but it might be an option. I know this works on the 922 but just saw it is an option the on sling adapter.
it will work sometimes.. but it won't work *all* the time. I've had my SlingAdapter brick the reciever to the point of requiring me to unplug the box for 10 seconds. I should also point out that twice the SlingAdapter foul up, and what ever it did to the receiver, actually made the receiver reboot itself (regardless of the timers I had running at the time).

Things I won't try to do any more... watch a show (TunerB) while its recording that show. Because when it got to the end of the show, the adapter wouldn't let me play anything any more. I had to reset the adapter.

I think my overall thought on dish's "Dish Everywhere" initiative ... is that its marketing first, product second, tech last. And in that "tech" is everything that it *should* do but doesn't, or something I like to think of as... the "idi-oats" that are programming the thing, don't actually have Dish Service, or haven't had it long enough, to use it every day as "one of us" and so their programming of the device is severely lacking. Does it play? Sure. Does it do so in the amount of bandwidth they have posted as guidelines? Not really. Are there overall "what the hell were they thinking/smoking/drinking" problems? yup.

Scott, any word yet on a release date for the Sling *Receiver*? We're finally about to replace our 36" SD TV2 with a 50" plasma, and I'm not really looking forward to watching HD converted to SD on the new box.

it will work sometimes.. but it won't work *all* the time. I've had my SlingAdapter brick the reciever to the point of requiring me to unplug the box for 10 seconds. I should also point out that twice the SlingAdapter foul up, and what ever it did to the receiver, actually made the receiver reboot itself (regardless of the timers I had running at the time).

Have you contacted dish? They have shipped a bunch of those things and the reports of issues like yours are not prevalent. I'd guess it may be a hardware issue on your end. It wouldn't be the last time that Dish hardware inexplicably has some odd ball issue.

I am thinking to get it, but considering getting the Sling BOX. I've read several post and not sure if the Sling BOX behaves the same way.

When new sling adapter is connected it takes control of 2nd tuner.
Does Sling BOX does the same?
What happens if you have scheduled recordings on 2nd tuner? On a new sling can you watch recorded show while something else is recording?
Does free software works with sling box or does it only works with the new sling adapter?

I am new to this and want make sure I am getting the correct sling.

Thanks

Anyone know if there is a way to keep you Dish receiver (I have a 722) always on? When I load the dish app on my android phone and try to connect to my sling adapter (on my 722 receiver) it says i have no internet connection. And that I need to reset my receiver. But when I get home I notice the receiver has no lights on. When I power it on (lights appear) my app then connects.

Anyone know if there is a way to keep you Dish receiver (I have a 722) always on? When I load the dish app on my android phone and try to connect to my sling adapter (on my 722 receiver) it says i have no internet connection.
I always leave my 722 off and have the same problem with the Android app (but not with the PC plug-in). The first time I start it up, it always says the receiver has no connection. Usually on the second startup, it works. Nowadays, it takes 3 attempts. I never tried turning the receiver on first. :rolleyes:

Any updates on the Dish Remote Apps Bug.

The new update of the app causes my iphone to display a white screen and no video.
I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here.

Did I miss it ?

Is there a work around.

The old version worked great, the new version does not work at all.

Getting no answer from DISH.

distex said:
The new update of the app causes my iphone to display a white screen and no video.
I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here.

Did I miss it ?

Is there a work around.

The old version worked great, the new version does not work at all.

Getting no answer from DISH.

Don't know what troubleshooting you have done yet, but I always start with deleting the app and reinstalling it. This sling system is buggy and unreliable on it's own, but if your app doesn't open or just opens to a white screen it sounds like a bad install or a conflict with something on your device.

Tried to reinstall numerous times. According to the reviews, its a problem with the new updated Dish Remote Access. I'm not the only one with this problem.
Just got off of support chat. After three days, they have finally admitted it is a known problem. They do not have an expected time of fixing the problem.

GOHAWKS said:
I haven't the app for my Ipad were did you find this thanks. The Dish Remote access app won't play with my Ipad like it will my android.
Thanks

Just go to the app store on your iPad and search for Dish. So far, the latest update has been a definite improvement.

Just go to the app store on your iPad and search for Dish. So far, the latest update has been a definite improvement.

Sounds good, I went the other day and they didn't have one for my motorola "XOOM" I think were talking about two different things, still nothing there for that, It has the new "2.3" OS and I they don't have a app compatibale, as of a couple minutes ago anyway, but sure it won't be too long.
My fault on jumping in on the wrong thread.
Thanks!

wtf. Man am I pissed. My wife goes on a trip on Friday. I ordered a sling adapter so she could watch tv on her iphone while away. It came in the mail today and I also have the white screen of death. I have audio, no video. I havent put it on her ipad yet. Hopefully that works.