SatelliteGuys Get Together in Ionia, MI - July 11 - 13!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Join us for the SatelliteGuys Get Together Thursday July 11th - Saturday July 13th in Ionia, Michigan!

Join us for part of it or all of it... it's up to you!

Here is the schedule as it stands now... (Subject to change we are still finalizing the schedule)

Fun Starts Thursday Night as we kick things off by celebrating WION Night at the LampLight Grill - 314 West Main Street - Ionia MI. - Great Dinner Specials plus 92 cent draft beers to celebrate SatelliteGuys Adopted Hometown Station WION Radio!

Friday Morning you can join us or tune in to WION Radio from 7AM to 9AM as we will be part of Jim Carlyle's Round Table show! WION Radio is located at 1150 Haynor Road in Ionia. After the show, SatelliteGuys in attendance will get a tour of the WION Studios and see what makes WION one of the best sounding AM Stereo radio stations in the United States!

At 3:OO PM we head over to the Historic Ionia Theater which was built in 1931! The Ionia Theater houses two theaters and was recently remodeled and upgraded with the best digital sound and picture available! I am hoping before the show starts (movie yet to be determined) we can get a tour of the theater and see how it all works!. At 4:00 PM it is showtime as you enjoy the movie with us!

After the movie we will have some dinner then head over to South M66 for America's Newest Family Attraction, Danny Boy's Drive In Theater! Danny Boy's was recently featured on the front page of USA Today and offers great family fun like you remember when you were a kid. Before showtime we hope to get a tour of Danny Boy's Setup so you can see how a modern (in this case BRAND NEW) Drive In Theater operates! Then when it gets dark its showtime on Danny Boy's Monster Big Screen!

On Saturday Morning, SatelliteGuys members are invited to take a walk in the fight against cancer in Ionia's "Relay For Life" we are planning on doing a lap or two at the High School in support of the Relay for Life. In addition any SatelliteGuys member who can't attend and would like to help in the fight against cancer WION Radio has setup a special website where you can pledge your support. The website is http://i1430.com/relay.html and in this website you can vote using your money to your favorite WION personality. Again donations for the Relay For Life can be made at http://i1430.com/relay.html

After that we have been invited by the Ionia Historic Society to check out a few Historic Ionia Properties. More details on this will be coming.

For those who can only make it on Saturday we are also planning another tour of the WION studios.

Then Saturday Night we will all gather at the Lamplight Grill for the official SatelliteGuys get together. Where we will have food, drinks, fun, prizes and we also will be celebrating the birthdays of SatelliteGuys co owners Eva Greczkowski and the one man wrecking machine... known at the Iceberg. (I hope Iceberg can make it!) :)

We are asking people who are coming to let us know in advance, as we want to have enough prizes for everyone in attendance! :)

Now if your coming from out of town probably the best place to stay is the newly renovated American Inn you can find out more at http://www.innionia.com/

We hope to see as many SatelliteGuys there as possible! Its going to be fun! And if you have ever been to one of our other SatelliteGuys Get Togethers you know... you never know whats going to happen! :D

We look forward to meeting YOU in Ionia, MI!

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it. I plan to make it Saturday for the get together and hopefully earlier for some of the other activities. Sounds like a fun day :)

I would love to attend, but I am traveling up to Livonia for a family reunion in mid-August, and I just took 3-weeks off in May for knee surgery. Too bad because I've been Ionia...just don't remember any details since I played a lot of youth hockey throughout the state and we took a lot of family drives just to get away from the rat-race: pick sweet corn, strawberres, cherries, blueberries, apples, and just see the sites. Plus, my close friends were a couple years older so I drank at a lot of beer at frat house parties while I was still in high school. No wonder I don't recall any details. ;)

Unfortunately, with our closing(s) scheduled between 7-15 and 7-25, I'm going to have to miss. :(

Maybe next time.

I am thinking of holding off on announcing our 10th Birthday Grand Prize Giveaway until the Saturday Night Get together. :) :D

I am so excited!

The look I got from the wife when I said something about coming up was priceless I guess I forgot the in-laws are in town that week.

So I'm rolling out early (leave at 6am) on Saturday should get there around noon. Got my room at American Inn and Suites Ionia.

Any idea what time the 2nd studio tour will be at?

Would love to, but a bad week to try. Any plans for another CT get-together, Scott?

Things here in CT are up in the air due to the construction / remodeling of my house. I do want to do something but things keep getting moved. The wife and kids are going on a cruise in August and I am staying home just to take care of things here. :)

Still looking for a count. :) If you are bringing someone with you (wife... kids... mistress... whatever...) let me know so I have a count! :)

Thanks!

Here is the current updated schedule for our invasion on Ionia. :) For those attending please contact me via PM so we can exchange contact info in case someone gets lost or needs help. :)

(Remember all of these things are suggestions and no one is locked into doing any of these things) :)

Thursday Evening - WION NIGHT at the Lamplight Grill - Come enjoy good food and meet our hosts from WION Radio as we celebrate WION NIGHT at the Lamplight Grill! There will even be a special 92 cent draft beer special as we celebrate (and thank) our hosts from WION Radio!

Friday - 8AM - Live WION Radio Broadcast from the WION Studios on Hayner Road! After the show Jim will give us the tour of the historic WION Radio Campus.
LUNCH
1 PM - Tour of the Historic Ionia Theater with Manager Gary Ferguson
3PM - Tour of the Ionia County Courthouse
Free Time to Explore Ionia (Or you can see a movie at the Ionia Theater which starts at 4PM!) - DINNER
7PM - Visit Danny Boys Drive in Theater for tour with owner Bart Lower
Sundown Enjoy a Drive in Movie!

9am - Relay For Life Fundraiser for the Amaerican Cancer Society at Ionia High School. (Come do a lap or two with us as we walk to help stamp out cancer!)
LUNCH
1PM - Tour of the Historic Ionia Library
2PM - Tour of the Blanchard Mansion and Museum
4PM - Tour of WION Radio Campus
6PM - Dinner
7PM - SatelliteGuys Get Together at the Lamplight Grill. Come have fun with the SatelliteGuys!

I can't wait its going to be FUN! :)

I would love to attend but were broke, my GF is ill, after 15 grand of tests its not cardiac, mght be a bad ulcer..... more doctors monday

I hope everyone has a wonderful time.....

Here is the current updated schedule for our invasion on Ionia. :) For those attending please contact me via PM so we can exchange contact info in case someone gets lost or needs help. :)

(Remember all of these things are suggestions and no one is locked into doing any of these things) :)

Thursday Evening - WION NIGHT at the Lamplight Grill - Come enjoy good food and meet our hosts from WION Radio as we celebrate WION NIGHT at the Lamplight Grill! There will even be a special 92 cent draft beer special as we celebrate (and thank) our hosts from WION Radio!

Friday - 8AM - Live WION Radio Broadcast from the WION Studios on Hayner Road! After the show Jim will give us the tour of the historic WION Radio Campus.
LUNCH
1 PM - Tour of the Historic Ionia Theater with Manager Gary Ferguson
3PM - Tour of the Ionia County Courthouse
Free Time to Explore Ionia (Or you can see a movie at the Ionia Theater which starts at 4PM!) - DINNER
7PM - Visit Danny Boys Drive in Theater for tour with owner Bart Lower
Sundown Enjoy a Drive in Movie!

9am - Relay For Life Fundraiser for the Amaerican Cancer Society at Ionia High School. (Come do a lap or two with us as we walk to help stamp out cancer!)
LUNCH
1PM - Tour of the Historic Ionia Library
2PM - Tour of the Blanchard Mansion and Museum
4PM - Tour of WION Radio Campus
6PM - Dinner
7PM - SatelliteGuys Get Together at the Lamplight Grill. Come have fun with the SatelliteGuys!

I can't wait its going to be FUN! :)

Addendum, folks:
Get up early that Friday...Scott, especially. We want our Satguys leader to be our cohost from 6-9AM if possible! Make sure you have your PC on the stream, or our app in your mobile device!

WION first tour comes after the show!

As Scott said, times and plans subject to change, and yes, we're glad to help any way we can!

Addendum, folks: Get up early that Friday...Scott, especially. We want our Satguys leader to be our cohost from 6-9AM if possible! Make sure you have your PC on the stream, or our app in your mobile device! WION first tour comes after the show! As Scott said, times and plans subject to change, and yes, we're glad to help any way we can!

Oh sure... Expect me to get up on my VACATION. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)