SatelliteGuys November 19th Live Dish Retailer Chat Recap

Interesting question...

Existing customer from Harrisburg wants to upgrade to HD. He has a Dish 500 now. His HD locals are only on 77 degrees.

He is told that he needs 3 dishes, a Dish 500, a Dish 300 pointed at 61.5 for national HD and another Dish 300 pointed at 77 for his HD locals..

Man how screwed up is that? Don't these guys think about things before they do things?

If his locals are on 77 wouldn't an eastern arc dish do the trick?

Interesting question...

Existing customer from Harrisburg wants to upgrade to HD. He has a Dish 500 now. His HD locals are only on 77 degrees.

He is told that he needs 3 dishes, a Dish 500, a Dish 300 pointed at 61.5 for national HD and another Dish 300 pointed at 77 for his HD locals..

Man how screwed up is that? Don't these guys think about things before they do things?

In this situation, since Harrisburg is not in the 129 footprint and his other receivers are not MPEG4, the other option is to add a 1K.4 wing dish and a DPP44 switch instead of two wing dishes and a DPP44. The best option is to upgrade all receivers to MPEG4 with a single 1K.4 dish.

If his locals are on 77 wouldn't an eastern arc dish do the trick?
No while an Eastern Arc dish will work, Dish Network will not upgrade any exisiting customer to an all mpeg4 serveice as the customer might have other non mpeg4 equipment in their house which Dish would have to replace if they moved him to an Eastern Arc Dish.

Interesting question...

could you use the D500 or a 1k.2 and the new 1k.4 for the other??? will those work together?

That was the announcement shortly before Sherman/Ada and a bunch of other uplinked markets were deleted instead. Once the "Eastern Arc" transition started I read it somewhere that Sherman/Ada locals would only be MPEG-4 SD for the time being. No word on when HD locals from that market will be added.

I'm just hoping the Wichita Falls/Lawton HD locals get lit on 61.5° as originally announced. If they get moved to 72° or 77° (or wherever some of the new HD locals are going) I'll be screwed unless I can install a wing dish and properly aim for those satellites myself.

KAUZ is up on 61.5 now. No sign of the other 3 yet. No HD on this time of day,but it looks better than the SD feed.

Back to the "snowbird Policy" Can the TV work at both locations at the same time? You know when the poor slob is still working while the other one went off the to vacation house?

Back to the "snowbird Policy" Can the TV work at both locations at the same time? You know when the poor slob is still working while the other one went off the to vacation house?

They didn't go to much into it. I think they are worried about account stacking.

Interesting question...

Are you serious? The only way existing Harrisburg customers (me) could get HD Locals is a third dish?! Ugh....

Scott, ok, sorry to bug you again, I see this slide showing Little Rock HD locals again and have a couple of questions please. One, does this mean it is going to happen soon and if will it be on 129. I'm a recent upgrade to vip 722 and figure that's the only way I'll see them now if they do come out. Thanks in advance.

No while an Eastern Arc dish will work, Dish Network will not upgrade any exisiting customer to an all mpeg4 serveice as the customer might have other non mpeg4 equipment in their house which Dish would have to replace if they moved him to an Eastern Arc Dish.

Well, what if he doesn't have any non-MPEG4 equipment?! It sounds to me like Dish needs to dump whoever is responsible for their account management software and get somebody who's willing to program something more flexible. (This is not the only problem. In fact, this is mild. They also need to flush the need for having a dual-tuner receiver plugged in to the phone line since the two tuners cannot possibly be at different addresses, and the nonsense about not being able to produce a work order to upgrade someone to receive HD locals without cancelling their SD locals.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)