Not open for further replies.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
Kind of a long phrase, don't you think?

SatelliteGuys.US - America's Most Popular Satellite Information Source

And it's one thing to have that at the top of every forum, but it's quite another to have it as the "from" address for emails telling us there is a post to our thread.

Either of the following would be far more preferable:

SatelliteGuys
SatelliteGuys.US

I understand and agree with your point, but stop subscribing to topics...I don't understand that at all, it just fills your inbox and you're going to stop by the site the same amount of times you would without the emails, just save yourself the headache and stop subscribing.

Actually I agree with the OP...And I dont subscribe to threads but I do get a fair amount of e-mails and instead of 10 to a page, its like 3 now because the "from" is so long

Purogamer said:
I understand and agree with your point, but stop subscribing to topics...I don't understand that at all, it just fills your inbox and you're going to stop by the site the same amount of times you would without the emails, just save yourself the headache and stop subscribing.
Because the solution is always to ignore the problem. :rolleyes:
I would also say that having the whole phrase appear in the navigation bar also is too long as well. Having it so long means that most thread's topic line will wrap to two lines.

No, I got his point and agree, I just feel that he's added to his own headache and that's the main gripe.

Why are site emails sending out the header info of the site anyways? Can't they just send the topic name or no?

Scott Greczkowski said:
We are trying something at the advice of Google. Hang in there. :)
Ahhh, the almighty Google influencing websites again..... It all comes down $$$'s, don't it ??

Yup we got to pay the bills. :)

Actually so far it is working, our search engine rankings have improved greatly.

I will be rewriting some of the code so that it does not display in emails and other places were the robots dont crawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts