SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 05/12/2007

sammy4041, you are correct. Dish only provides the guide data for sub-channels whose "parent" channel they also carry. The market you're in vs the market you can pick up OTA from doesn't factor in. If I were able to receive Cincinnati locals (with a bigger, outdoor antenna, I could), I would get guide data for the main channels as well as the sub-channels.

sammy4041, you are correct. Dish only provides the guide data for sub-channels whose "parent" channel they also carry. The market you're in vs the market you can pick up OTA from doesn't factor in. If I were able to receive Cincinnati locals (with a bigger, outdoor antenna, I could), I would get guide data for the main channels as well as the sub-channels.

Thanks hall, I guess I dont have to much to be excited about then.

Exactly correct. I'm in the opposite situation, living in northern Cincinnati. My indoor antenna picks up all Cincinnati and Dayton channels OTA. I subscribe to locals through E* which are (obviously) Cincinnati locals. I do receive EPG info for the Dayton 'main' channels. For that brief 2 day period or so I was also receiving sub-channel data.

It seems 12.2 and 48.6 have EPG data in Cincinnati after the latest uplink -- now just waiting for Dayton sub-channels, purely for PBS in my case.

According to dish enewsletter FX is moving permanently to 136.

"May 30th - FX is moving to channel 136.
FX will be available on channels 136 and 137 until May 30th. After May 30th FX will be available on channel 136 only" from the newsletter

Some Alaska/Hawai'i HD Pack channels switched transponders:

5500 DSCHD MOVED FROM Tp 29 Spotbeam 46 from Gilbert for EchoStar 10 at 110w
TO Tp 12 Spotbeam 46 from Gilbert for EchoStar 10 at 110w

5505 ESPHD MOVED FROM Tp 29 Spotbeam 46 from Gilbert for EchoStar 10 at 110w

5516 SHOHD MOVED FROM Tp 29 Spotbeam 46 from Gilbert for EchoStar 10 at 110w
TO Tp 27 Spotbeam 46 from Gilbert for EchoStar 10 at 110w

CHANGE COUNT 3

tsc,

I am in northern hamilton county myself (cincinnati Area) and I am receiving channels 2, 7 and 45 from Dayton with my indoor antenna. All the "main" channels say Digital sevice. However 45.2 has had the MyTV channel EPG info for some time! You say you are getting EPG info for the main Dayton channels? 45.1, 7.1 and 2.1?

See ya
Tony

Some Alaska/Hawai'i HD Pack channels switched transponders:

5500 DSCHD MOVED FROM Tp 29 Spotbeam 46 from Gilbert for EchoStar 10 at 110w

5505 ESPHD MOVED FROM Tp 29 Spotbeam 46 from Gilbert for EchoStar 10 at 110w

5516 SHOHD MOVED FROM Tp 29 Spotbeam 46 from Gilbert for EchoStar 10 at 110w
TO Tp 27 Spotbeam 46 from Gilbert for EchoStar 10 at 110w

CHANGE COUNT 3

It looks like they convent to true MPEG 4

tsc,

I am in northern hamilton county myself (cincinnati Area) and I am receiving channels 2, 7 and 45 from Dayton with my indoor antenna. All the "main" channels say Digital sevice. However 45.2 has had the MyTV channel EPG info for some time! You say you are getting EPG info for the main Dayton channels? 45.1, 7.1 and 2.1?

See ya
Tony

Yes, I have Cincinnati locals, but receive EPG info for 2.1, 7.1, 22.1, 26.1, 45.1, 45.2 in the Dayton area -- always have, since I signed up. At first I thought it was just a mirror of Cincinnati EPG info, because I had only checked during prime time where the same shows are shown on both, obviously. But I quickly realized once the news came on that it was showing the Dayton info.

Intresting that you do not get the 'main' channel EPG info. Then again, you get CW out of Miami and I don't. :) Have to rely on OTA (12.2 / 26.1).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts