SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 05/12/2007

Checking the Uplink Activity Report you will find that 136 is not available. Checking the PIDs in the Transponder PMT you would find the PIDs are the same for 136 and 137. This means both channels have the same program source. :)

Good cover... I guess. I wonder if 'everybody' bought it? :rolleyes:

Blsa

Little teasing digiblur - look at the pictures. :p

Attachments

• E3odd.JPG
    E3odd.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 167
  • E3even.JPG
    E3even.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 116
In regards to the EPG, will they only include the locals that belong to that DMA or will they eventually apply to any station OTA

If my experience is common, the local channels will have all info for main and sub-channels as long as you subscribe to locals through Dish. The adjacent market locals you get OTA will have the sub-channel data ONLY. The main channel will show "Digital Service" for reasons beyond my comprehension right now.

See ya
Tony

Good cover... I guess. I wonder if 'everybody' bought it? :rolleyes:
If you are insinuating that JohnH is a hacker, you can stop right now. He ain't. He's just very good at looking at the FTA EPG and other info on all the Dish satellites and figuring out what all that gobeldy-gook means. He is pretty much responsible for the accuracy of the Dish Channel Chart and in helping others develop tools for uplink reports!

See ya
Tony

If you are insinuating that JohnH is a hacker, you can stop right now. He ain't. He's just very good at looking at the FTA EPG and other info on all the Dish satellites and figuring out what all that gobeldy-gook means. He is pretty much responsible for the accuracy of the Dish Channel Chart and in helping others develop tools for uplink reports!

See ya
Tony

AHMEN! If it wasnt for John passing his wealth of knowledge to me, then i passed it on to digiblur, the uplink activity reports would not be around today. There are ways of doing things very legally. The way we do those things is infact very legal. There is no breaking the encryption of the security methods dish uses. NONE. Any channels that we do get via FTA are infact FTA or well hidden from the FTA market but still FTA. Its amazing at the FTA jewls that can be found from time to time. But nothing is done with the encryption stream as dont want to go down that boat legally and moraly.

I was just looking through JohnH's Dish Channel Chart to see if any of my sub channel guide was listed. I have, and have had for quite a while, guide info for my local CW, WCJB2. This was not in his list anywhere. I had this guide info before they turned some of them on a few months ago and it stayed when they took them away. I don't know when it was uplinked but it is there.

Dish has been providing guide data for many market's CW stations for a few months now. I first noticed it around the time I got add'l sub-channel guide data (don't watch the station much, if at all) and later noticed that it remained after the others disappeared.

Last time they rolled these out I don't recall reading about "problems" that supposedly existed with certain receivers. Does anyone else ??

I sure hope it doesn't take 1-2 months or so like it did last time before I got my sub-channel data. Dayton got it on a Tuesday and by Thursday Dish had pulled it back for the majority of markets.
Still no rumor or statement on why it got pulled though, was there ?? And how did some markets keep the data all this time ?? If it was a memory-related issue on some receivers, I can't see how some markets didn't have trouble....
Anyone ??

Dish has been providing guide data for many market's CW stations for a few months now. I first noticed it around the time I got add'l sub-channel guide data (don't watch the station much, if at all) and later noticed that it remained after the others disappeared.

Cool, thanks. I don't watch any of the new shows on there but I do occasionally watch reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond or King of Queens.

I was just looking through JohnH's Dish Channel Chart to see if any of my sub channel guide was listed. I have, and have had for quite a while, guide info for my local CW, WCJB2. This was not in his list anywhere. I had this guide info before they turned some of them on a few months ago and it stayed when they took them away. I don't know when it was uplinked but it is there.
If it is the main channel and the programming mirrors the analog channel, no special listing in the 14XXX-15XXX area is needed. They simply cause the analog EPG to appear on the main digital channel as well.

BTW: It is not my Dish Channel Chart. TNGTony has done the work there and should get the credit. Also, Chaddux is doing the 5 digit charts.

If my experience is common, the local channels will have all info for main and sub-channels as long as you subscribe to locals through Dish. The adjacent market locals you get OTA will have the sub-channel data ONLY. The main channel will show "Digital Service" for reasons beyond my comprehension right now.

See ya
Tony

I subscribe to Nashville locals. Whenever I take my receiver with me to Indianapolis I get all the guide data for the main channels for ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, MyNetwork, and PBS. I had sub-channels there for a day or two when they were working as well. I also get the Nashville HD channels and what is weird is I only get a few of the Nashville SD channels. Looks like the Nashville SD channels are split between two spotbeam transponders and one hits Indianapolis while the other doesn't. Must be different power levels for the two transponders.

Voyagerbob

If it is the main channel and the programming mirrors the analog channel, no special listing in the 14XXX-15XXX area is needed. They simply cause the analog EPG to appear on the main digital channel as well.

BTW: It is not my Dish Channel Chart. TNGTony has done the work there and should get the credit. Also, Chaddux is doing the 5 digit charts.

No, it's not the main channel. There is no analog CW in my area. The main channel 20-1 is WCJB, ABC, and the subchannel, WCJB2, 20-2, is CW.

Oh, well thanks Tony.

No, it's not the main channel. There is no analog CW in my area. The main channel 20-1 is WCJB, ABC, and the subchannel, WCJB2, 20-2, is CW.

Oh, well thanks Tony.

Your CW is apparently carried by E* as an analog channel would be. Therefore they have the EPG data in the system already and can cause that to appear on the Digital Subchannel. BTW: Main channels are nothing more than subchannels. :)

I subscribe to Nashville locals. Whenever I take my receiver with me to Indianapolis I get all the guide data for the main channels for ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, MyNetwork, and PBS. I had sub-channels there for a day or two when they were working as well. I also get the Nashville HD channels and what is weird is I only get a few of the Nashville SD channels. Looks like the Nashville SD channels are split between two spotbeam transponders and one hits Indianapolis while the other doesn't. Must be different power levels for the two transponders.

Voyagerbob

My situation is, I recieve ABC and PBS OTA from affiliates that are not covered by dish anywhere. I am assuming these will never show up on the EPG. I belong to the Lacrosse DMA and I receive WQOW out of eau Claire. Lacrosse uses there own ABC affiliate.

Your CW is apparently carried by E* as an analog channel would be. Therefore they have the EPG data in the system already and can cause that to appear on the Digital Subchannel. BTW: Main channels are nothing more than subchannels. :)

No, E* does not carry my CW. I get CW out of Miami on 254. They do not carry Gainesville's CW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts