SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 11/03/2007

Jeffro34tx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Dallas, TX
digiblur said:
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 11/03/2007 - 15 changes

9508 - NBATV(402) [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 06 ConUS beam changed to Available
9508 - NBATV(402) [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 22 ConUS beam changed to Available
9509 - NBATV(560) [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 06 ConUS beam changed to Available
9509 - NBATV(560) [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 22 ConUS beam changed to Available

I'm glad to see these are available now............ :)

Just curious.......... why was this posted in the thread for last week's activity? (Week Ending 10/27/2007) when at the top of the current post it says week ending 11/03/2007.

Also, is there anyway to create a new thread each week at the same time automatically ( say like on Sunday, whether there is actual activity or not), so we could subscribe to the thread and be notified when there is activity? This way we are not continuously clicking on refresh on Wednesday or Thursday waiting to see a "new" thread with the listed activity.. or lack of activity... as it has been lately... :rolleyes:

I'm glad to see these are available now............ :)

Just curious.......... why was this posted in the thread for last week's activity? (Week Ending 10/27/2007) when at the top of the current post it says week ending 11/03/2007.

Also, is there anyway to create a new thread each week at the same time automatically ( say like on Sunday, whether there is actual activity or not), so we could subscribe to the thread and be notified when there is activity? This way we are not continuously clicking on refresh on Wednesday or Thursday waiting to see a "new" thread with the listed activity.. or lack of activity... as it has been lately... :rolleyes:

Not a bad idea. Up until recently Dish was keeping most of the activity on Wednesdays so this wasn't an issue.

I like the empty thread on Sunday, so folks can subscribe to it for the email notifications.

Not a bad idea. Up until recently Dish was keeping most of the activity on Wednesdays so this wasn't an issue.

I like the empty thread on Sunday, so folks can subscribe to it for the email notifications.

Great!! :up I look forward to it.... something I have wanted for a while!

Let me just get this out of the way... "So how do you think Dish will respond to tomorrow to D*?"

:p

Don't expect anything and you won't be let down.

After the retailer chat last week it looks like the Dish Network folks need to sell the customers on the quality of the programming and equipment, not the fact they are missing some HD channels. :D

But I'm always open for surprises.

Were not going to see anything new until the big announcement between AT&T and Dish is made when the finalize their deal. That way they can make AT&T look good as if they had something to do with the new channels and were all happy again. Unfortunately, that deal could be a long time off.

Were not going to see anything new until the big announcement between AT&T and Dish is made when the finalize their deal. That way they can make AT&T look good as if they had something to do with the new channels and were all happy again. Unfortunately, that deal could be a long time off.

There's no way Dish is going to wait 6 months to a year to add more services. They will keep competitive over the long haul

Dish and AT&T might be in a deal that is mainly up to the buyer which in this case would be AT&T. So no one know for sure right now it could be AT&T and Direct TV so we will see when something official is announced. Either way this should not effect more HD being added. :)

I am a 100% Dish Network fan...but I'm also sad that we haven't been getting some of the newer HD services...whether or not they actually show a lot of HD, still the picture quality is better than the SD versions...but something tells me not to expect anything before the first of the year or even until the price changes in February.

In the ad I saw while watching the World Series, Dish did say they had more hd on the way. When is anyones guess. I would think we could be getting more before the 1st of the year. That is just a guess like everyone else.:)

In the ad I saw while watching the World Series, Dish did say they had more hd on the way. When is anyones guess. I would think we could be getting more before the 1st of the year. That is just a guess like everyone else.:)

hmmm right up there with local weather on the 10's and the sever weather warning system...

(actually I do not see why they could not spot beam it... move the Weather Channel to the spot beams... purchase x computers to run the weather on the 8 for covered areas within the spot beams...)

I am a 100% Dish Network fan...but I'm also sad that we haven't been getting some of the newer HD services...whether or not they actually show a lot of HD, still the picture quality is better than the SD versions...but something tells me not to expect anything before the first of the year or even until the price changes in February.
I'm not so sure that picture quality is better on those new HD channels that Direct TV has added.....look at TBS-HD. If the programming was simply up-converted it would look better, but the "Stretch-o-vision" is worse then SD picture quality IMO.

Yup which Dish said they were not going to carry.

It almost seems like they have no business plan over there, everything is done by last moment planning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)