SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Discussion - Week Ending 06/16/2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Okay people, if it's like last time, they added Dayton's sub-channel guide data and took 90% of them all back two days later.... I see Dayton's in the list so .... expect them to be gone soon ! :D

It would be safe to assume it's a.....slate.... only 0.5 megabit. But a slate of what?

Let the speculation begin.

Can I make a suggestion. Can you put a link in the first message to the actual uplink report... kind of nice since the report is usually about 100 messages behind these threads and I'm usually a little lost till I go find the uplink report.. :)

One other tidbit of information. Echostar 119 Spotbeam 9s12 switched from QPSK mode to 8PSK mode recently. The spotbeam has been empty for quite some time but remained in QPSK mode. It's now screaming in 8PSK glory.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Dish say Birmingham, AL HD locals were coming soon? New Orleans, LA DMA is also in the beam but I'm betting on Birmingham to be uplinked in a few weeks.

Attachments

• 0089-09s12-20.gif
    0089-09s12-20.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 120
Can I make a suggestion. Can you put a link in the first message to the actual uplink report... kind of nice since the report is usually about 100 messages behind these threads and I'm usually a little lost till I go find the uplink report.. :)

C'mon now.... it's a sticky like this one. :p

Not a bad idea though.... I edited the messages just for you. ;)

C'mon now.... it's a sticky like this one. :p

Not a bad idea though.... I edited the messages just for you. ;)
Yeah, especially good for those of us who just read the "new" messages without bothering to view the individual forums. Thanks.

Okay people, if it's like last time, they added Dayton's sub-channel guide data and took 90% of them all back two days later.... I see Dayton's in the list so .... expect them to be gone soon ! :D
I've been waiting for this one:
14247 - WPTD6 [EPG] added to EchoStar5 129W TP 05 ConUS beam (Not Available)​
:)
I got home late last night after the Dragons game and picking up my new ViP222. I didn't even notice if this guide data showed up after activating it.

It is nice having all of WPTD's sub-channels having guide data but even for 2-02, 7-02, and so on, I was tired of just seeing "Digital Service".

Can someone help with why everyone is all excited about OTA sub-channel EPG? Here in Cleveland the sub-channels are very limited. Our NBC and CBS affiliate have weather information (which is nice, but I don't need the EPG for that) and the MyTV affiliate has Tube (which, once again, is nice but doesn't need EPG). Oh, and the PBS affiliate in Youngstown has about four religious sub-channels.

Do other cities' stations have real content on the sub-channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts