Satellites for Asia & South Pacific

Status
Please reply by conversation.

air88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Hi,

I am in Oregon (122.8W and 45.8N). I would like to know if I am able to receive singals from satellites marked as Asia & South Pacific on LyngSat web site. I am using SG2100 motorized system (what is the hardware limit of the motor on each side?).

The satellites I am talked about are, like, NSS 5 (177W), Intelsat 701 (180E/W), PAS 2 (169E) and PAS 8, etc which are on the east side of Asia.

Thanks in advance for your information.

Michael

Its pretty self explanatory, if you are within the footprint and the satellite is broadcasting on that spotbeam you would be able to pickup any applicable signals. So if after you have checked the "BEAM" on Lyngsat.com, and you don't see any channels, the only signals you will ever get are occasional feeds. That's what I am doing now on Pas 9, I am monitoring it 24/7 for feeds, very interesting : )

Hi, all:

1. I tried to setup for NSS5 and Intelsat701, but I didn't get any channels and TPs. Do I setup wrong?

For Intelsat701:

DFreq 11778
Symbol Rate: 30000
H

2. On my Fortec Lifetime Ultra, it seems I can not setup Sat for PAS 2 which 169E, I tried to use 191W, but the receiver doesn't allow me to setup more than 180, any odeas?

BTW, I am Oregon which is 122.8W and 45.6N

Please help. Thanks,

Michael

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)