SatHawk 5.1.6+ issues. Need Help!

robotek

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Cows Landing
I purchased this unit from Sadoun.com in August 2006, I needed a Digital Meter that had support for Dish Pro Plus Twins, since I'm a DNS Tech L2, so here's my story.

At first things were good, but after a month all my problems began. First it was the the constant lock ups, where I'm using the meter to peak in a Dish and all of a sudden the screen would lock up and freeze, until I hold the Up/Down button and it would reboot. I am also getting a fluctuating SS signal on the "Dish Pro2 110w" satellite with nothing hooked up to it! I upgraded to the latest firmware K4.2 and the same thing happens.

Then there was the battery issue, I only had the unit for barely 3 months
and my battery some how doesn't want to charge anymore and stays at 26%. If
I were to even use my meter at 26%, it would just shutdown, I would expect
it to be more accurate and at least shutdown at 10% or lower.

So then I purchase a new 12v 2000mAh NiMH battery with the same specs as the SatHawk battery, the battery worked fine for 1 week. It would show a full
charge at only 76%, the battery slowly began to decrease it's charge until
it eventually stayed at 0% and would not even power up the Sathawk for more
than a second and the weather has been warm lately.

So basically, these are my issues with my SatHawk, and I need help to get them fixed soon, so I can do my work more efficiently. I spent $400+ on this meter and have tried everything that Sadoun has told everyone else on thier forum on how to troubleshoot thier SatHawk. Are there anymore suggestions before I send it out for warranty?

I had bought one of those, used it for 2 days and returned it. Picked up a dual buddy from Applied instruments, end of story.

Sathawk seems to me pretty cheesy for $400+. Drop it one time I don't think it'll work anymore.

No it can't do DP+, but works nice with a DP Twin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts