SatHawk S9 PVR800 Firmware Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

EmilG

Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
California
Funny thing, the SatHawk PVR800 did recognize 4197 (four thousand and ...) channels when I pointed my fixed dish to Galaxy 19 97W, because the quad invacom lnb with the FT-110 antenna could receive also the next satellites to left and right. Great, except the receiver reported that all 4197 of them were scrambled! The antenna setup was reporting 80% signal strength and 75% signal quality on several transponders of K_Galaxy 19 (H polarization). I replaced the firmware with the latest firmware from the SatHawk website only to discover that it was older than the one I overwrote (my mistake to believe the website and not save a dump). Now no channels! Can anyone tell me how to get HDS2-10-11-08:1026CM firmware ? Secondly, how does one install the ird files from openbox.ua?

The .ird files are for a completely different receiver, that just happens to also be called an Openbox S9. Your box was built in China (or somewhere in the Far East anyway), not the Ukraine.

I can probably upload a copy of the firmware you want, you'll have to give me a little time to find it.

I'm confused as to how you got 4197 channels. 95W Ku and 99W Ku put together don't have anywhere near as many channels as 97W Ku by itself, which has 243 TV and 143 radio, both scrambled and unscrambled. The nearest DBS satellites are at 91W and 110W. I wouldn't think you could pick them up at the same time as 97W, although I don't know what an FT-110 is.

Sorry, I don't have the November 8th version, or if I do, I can't find it right now. I can offer you August 31st or January 3rd, or some older ones. I think they all do about the same thing, as far as American use is concerned.

And no, I can't tell you what their satellite/channel lists look like, because I built my own as soon as we got the ability to save lists, and have immediately reloaded it ever since when doing firmware upgrades.

I'm using NM_HDS2_CMT_1009270839LFTA without any problems. I created my own sat list with the latest Sadoun version and have used THAT list ever since. I haven't noticed any improvements in the firmware , that affect North America, so I stick with what I have.

Attachments

• NM_HDS2_CMT_1009270839LFTA.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 256
Funny thing, the SatHawk PVR800 did recognize 4197 (four thousand and ...) channels when I pointed my fixed dish to Galaxy 19 97W, because the quad invacom lnb with the FT-110 antenna could receive also the next satellites to left and right. Great, except the receiver reported that all 4197 of them were scrambled! The antenna setup was reporting 80% signal strength and 75% signal quality on several transponders of K_Galaxy 19 (H polarization). I replaced the firmware with the latest firmware from the SatHawk website only to discover that it was older than the one I overwrote (my mistake to believe the website and not save a dump). Now no channels! Can anyone tell me how to get HDS2-10-11-08:1026CM firmware ? Secondly, how does one install the ird files from openbox.ua?

Here is the HDS2-10-11-08:1026CM

HDS2_CM_america.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Thanks for your help. I believe this is the version I was looking for. I tried it and the info was listing as expected. The blind scan is back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)