Satworks.....alive And Well

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
It was rumored that Satworks had gone out of business. I have received word from a reliable source that Satworks is still in business, but they are not being imported by any dealers in the United States.

My source also tells me that we owe a dept of gratitude to Satworks for they were the ones that pioneered the "blind scan" and proved that it would be useful. Myself, I could not imagine a receiver without blind scan.

We sold the Satwork when they first came out. Not long after that (about 2 months) Fortec introduced the Lifetime ULTRA blind search receiver, and so forth.

I still really like my good old 3618. I had an ultra and now have a coolsat and still like to use the satworks for scanning and just erase everything when i'm done. I really don't like the way these units add everything they find into your main channel list.

stardust1 said:
I still really like my good old 3618. I had an ultra and now have a coolsat and still like to use the satworks for scanning and just erase everything when i'm done. I really don't like the way these units add everything they find into your main channel list.

Thats exactly what I use my Satwork ST 3618 for! I use it as a tool to blind scan C and KU band.

I've had 2 Satworks...a 3618 and a 3688 (although the software is interchangable)

Nice unit :)

Traxis is coming out with a blind search receiver some time next month , The Traxis line receivers and the Satwork receiver i thing they have the same internal hardware.

So If they're still in business where do I get (Legal) Firmware that updates the Satwork 3688.

I checked their site but didn't see any firmware links. What's the latest firmware?

Thanks in advance,
cegarrett

I thought they were supposed to have a new unit in the pipeline, with ac-3 and all? what happened?
i am going to put my 3688 out to pasture for a panasat 3500s i guess. tired fortec ultra lifetime, and still preferred my satwork.

Cegarrett said:
I checked their site

Where did you find their site. I spent about a week looking for it no results. I checked the DMSI site for software updates and Satworks was no longer listed. It was right after that I heard they went out of business.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)