Saved LOG ON disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Every 2-3 days the saved log on is gone, I have to log on manually. Life is getting hard trying to remember user names and passwords every where I go. Saved log on's help. Please help me keep it simple.
thank you.
Jim

Are you clearing out your cookies periodically. When I do that's the only time I have to log back in.

I'm using IE8. Not clearing cookies, don't know how to. No problem on other message boards I use. Just Sat Guys. Bum...

I actually have had a couple of problems with the site recently. I did send an email to Scott about it. Now that I see your post, I realize every once in awhile I too have been having to enter my password. I also get the mobile page when in the forums from time to time, and sometimes have to reload the page for it to load correctly, and in fact it sometimes freezes. I have no idea if any of these are related, or anyone else has experienced this..... Happens at home with Firefox in Windows 7, and at work Windows XP and IE.

I am using IE8 as well. Every 3 or 4 days I clean up a lot of junk on my pc from browsing the net and so forth. If you don't clean up your pc periodically that can cause problems as well. While you are online look up towards the upper right of your screen you will see "Page" Safety and Tools" Start out by clicking on Safety and click on "Delete Browsing History" in the drop down menu. That should clear out your cookies and a lot of other stuff cluttering up you pc. You will need to log back into all your sites after that though. You may want to also use something like ccleaner. It is free but you can donate if you want from their home page. You may need to defrag your pc too. Hope this helps.:)

Frank,

Yes I do have CC and use it once in a while, and when I do, it kills all my log on's at every site I go to as expected. The prob I'm having is log on ONLY to Sat Guys. Since Tampa reports the same thing, it seems others are having this too.
Scott, if you read this it is not going to break my fingers to log in, but if it can be tracked down and fixed I'd like to request it. Thank You.

Jim

All the login information is done on your computer and stored in the cookies. If your having login troubles or it forgetting your login its a stuck or corrupt cookie on your computer.

(The Facebook Connect issue from the other day was an error when trying to login as the facebook login server was having issues.)

I have been having the same login issues. I'm thinking it is related to an issue Win 7 brought to my attention about the Temp Intenet Files folder being to big. It reduced the size to 50mb from 1024mb. I think when it gets full windows dumps it and the cookies are in there as well. Well I'll increase the size and see if has an effect.

I have been having the same login issues. I'm thinking it is related to an issue Win 7 brought to my attention about the Temp Intenet Files folder being to big. It reduced the size to 50mb from 1024mb. I think when it gets full windows dumps it and the cookies are in there as well. Well I'll increase the size and see if has an effect.

So Magic, did that fix the problem? I an also using win 7, what size did you go to?

I set it back up to 512mb And have not lost a logon yet. BUT Ive been extremely sick this last week, in the hospital ER last night. I have not been on here as much as usual.

ccleaner has an option to save certain cookies. Go to options, the gear, click, click on cookies and move the ones you want saved over to the right side.

That will leave your cookies alone, but the loosing your saved login is not from that .... was delayed from logging in and suddenly the login panel on the left side of the page was populated with my information about 940pm PST tonight

This just started happening to me today, as well.

It can't be all of our systems doing this at once, could it???

And this happened on more than one of my computers. One with Win7 the other XP. Methinks it's a vB forum problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.