Saving $5.98 on my Dish Bill

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I recently added my local channels.

I went on line and look at my bill and account.

Top 250 programming: $54.99
Locals: 5.00
DVR Fee 5.98
Total $65.97

On my account page I noticed something called Dish DVR Advantage. I clicked the link - top 250 programming, locals, and DVR for only $59.99. Save $5.98 a month. Keep enjoying Auto pay with Paperless Billing. No monthly commitment required.

I called Dish's Billing Dept. Yes, I can have the top 250 programming, my locals and the DVR and save $5.98 a month. But, I have to agree to a 24 month contract.

I tell the CSR that i printed the Dish DVR Promotion - no monthly commitments required. She says that's true if i have Auto Pay with Paperless Billing. I say I have that. She again checks my account and says she will change my account to Dish DVR Advantage - no monthly commitment - for $59.99.

Months ago without locals I was paying $60.97. With Dish DVR Advantage I could of had locals and my bill would have been $59.99. That is upsetting.

Hope my experience helps someone save some money.

Thanks for the information but this is pretty common knowledge here. Maybe it will benefit newer people who missed the earlier threads.

I recently added my local channels.

I went on line and look at my bill and account.

Top 250 programming: $54.99
Locals: 5.00
DVR Fee 5.98
Total $65.97

On my account page I noticed something called Dish DVR Advantage. I clicked the link - top 250 programming, locals, and DVR for only $59.99. Save $5.98 a month. Keep enjoying Auto pay with Paperless Billing. No monthly commitment required.

I called Dish's Billing Dept. Yes, I can have the top 250 programming, my locals and the DVR and save $5.98 a month. But, I have to agree to a 24 month contract.

I tell the CSR that i printed the Dish DVR Promotion - no monthly commitments required. She says that's true if i have Auto Pay with Paperless Billing. I say I have that. She again checks my account and says she will change my account to Dish DVR Advantage - no monthly commitment - for $59.99.

Months ago without locals I was paying $60.97. With Dish DVR Advantage I could of had locals and my bill would have been $59.99. That is upsetting.

Hope my experience helps someone save some money.

Thanks for the information but this is pretty common knowledge here. Maybe it will benefit newer people who missed the earlier threads.

Now, I feel even sillier.

What is the saying? If I can help even one person ...

Make sure they actually take off the DVR fee. I have been calling back in every month to get the Credit. Sometimes they say that i have to pay the fee and then i talk to the manager who agrees it should be removed and they will "fix" it.

save 5.98 with dvr advantage

I am confused, The top 250 and locals with dvr for only 59.99
I have the digital home plan with two recievers and pay 59.99 without locals, with locals my bill is 66.00.

Does the DVR Advantage save you this much or am I confused on this .

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)