Saving a program to DVD or laptop?

Icon

Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I have a Vip622. I have two hard drives connected to it and I'm still running out of room. There is some stuff on there that I won't be watching any time soon, but still want to save. Is there a way I can record it to DVD? How about transferring it to my Macbook, is that possible? Do I need to buy another piece of hardware to accomplish this? If anyone has any experience doing this, please enlighten me.

My 3rd party understanding is that you can copy the files off to your Macbook (for example), even though they're encrypted and you can't watch them from the Macbook. But then you can at a later date transfer them back again to your EHD and watch them again on your Dish receiver. This will not work on receivers not on your account, since the encryption keys are account-specific.

I don't think having to record them via analog, in real time, is what the OP was looking for. Indeed, nobody should have to deal with that. It's legal to make analog copies for your own personal use, so it should be legal to make digital copies and quit using antiquated technology.

I don't think having to record them via analog, in real time, is what the OP was looking for. Indeed, nobody should have to deal with that. It's legal to make analog copies for your own personal use, so it should be legal to make digital copies and quit using antiquated technology.

Movie production co's want the added income to sell you copies and not make them yourself.

agree but

I agree with your statement but garys hit the nail on the head. So E* has to play by their rules until something is changed.

Hauppauge 1212 will get the job done

HD PVR Product overview

My understanding is that with this interface you can record HD video from your RGB Component outputs and 5.1 digital audio to your computer then burn a compressed DVD. "Make Blu-ray format AVCHD recordings, so you can burn your TV recordings onto a standard DVD disk (up to 2 hours of video at 5MBits/sec) and playback on Blu-ray DVD players "
Record formats

There are three H.264 formats you can choose when recording a video:
  • .TS, which is a generic 'transport stream' compatible with many digital media players
  • .M2TS, which is compatible with the Sony Playstation3
  • .MP4, which is compatible with the XBox360
The .TS and .M2TS files are AVCHD compatible, and can be used to burn Blu-ray compatible disk recordings. These files can be burned onto a standard DVD+R or DVD+RW disk for playback in a Blu-ray disk player using the included Arcsoft TME Disk Create application. Approximately 2 hours of HD TV recorded at 5Mbits/sec can be put onto a standard DVD+R or DVD+RW disk.

I have a spare desktop that I intend to devote to this gadget as soon as i can afford to add an OPPO blue-ray player to my collection .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts