dual tuner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
if get a dual tuner receiver am i automaticaly charged the $5 a month like the extra receiver charge or can i not use the other output and not be charged

Dual tuners connected to telephone or internet are not charged $5 additional outlet fee. If not connected the $5 fee is applied wether you use the output or not.

you can also connect it to the internet if its a VIP reciever and get the 5 dollar fee waived.

what is the reason for only using one tv? sometimes I would have to hook up a 625 to a single tv (no single tuner dvr's for SD) and they would waive the 5 dollar fee

if get a dual tuner receiver am i automaticaly charged the $5 a month like the extra receiver charge or can i not use the other output and not be charged

You sort of answered your own question. A receiver is a physical box. Some receivers (boxes) have dual tuners in them (tv1 and tv2)

Every charge I've ever seen is per-receiver (box). Nothing is per-tuner.

With a dual-tuner receiver there should be no difference in your bill whether or not you use tv2

Mark

You sort of answered your own question. A receiver is a physical box. Some receivers (boxes) have dual tuners in them (tv1 and tv2)

Every charge I've ever seen is per-receiver (box). Nothing is per-tuner.

With a dual-tuner receiver there should be no difference in your bill whether or not you use tv2

Mark

Most current dual tuner receivers have an 'TV2 connection fee', except on the first receiver on the account. The fee can be waived if you connect a phone line (and in the case of Vip HD receivers, a ethernet to a dsl) to the receiver.

DISH Network - Customer Service - 1.888.825.2557

I stand corrected, thanks. E* contributes to the confusion by describing the fee as "TV2 Receiver" fee on the bill under "explantion of charges"

It is my understanding that you would be subject to said fee on the second receiver even if it were a single tuner and hence no TV2

But I believe my last statement is correct - your bill doesn't change whether or not you _use_ tv2

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts