Saving Game Data iPad/iPhone

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Every time i upgrade to a higher iOS I lose my game data from games such as Angry Birds. This means I have to start all over again. Does anyone know of a why to save your game data so you do not lose it or you can reinstall it after an upgrade?

I wonder if it has something to do with the jailbreak. I just checked and I did not lose any of my application data during the upgrade process.

I think you have to back it up a certain way, and I think different games back up game data in different ways. For example, when I upgraded to the new iPad I did a restore from the iCloud and all but one of my games had their data saved (games like Jetpack Joyride, Scribblenauts, NBA Jam, etc.) However when I had to do a FULL restore (everything was wiped and apps re-synced from iTunes) I lost ALL my data across all my games, which was more than a little annoying.

yourbeliefs said:
I think you have to back it up a certain way, and I think different games back up game data in different ways. For example, when I upgraded to the new iPad I did a restore from the iCloud and all but one of my games had their data saved (games like Jetpack Joyride, Scribblenauts, NBA Jam, etc.) However when I had to do a FULL restore (everything was wiped and apps re-synced from iTunes) I lost ALL my data across all my games, which was more than a little annoying.

Your right it really depends. Even with a full restore there are ways to bring back your data if you have a proper backup. Only way you should lose it is if your backup is bad or the problem you are trying to fix is contained in your backup.

Your right it really depends. Even with a full restore there are ways to bring back your data if you have a proper backup. Only way you should lose it is if your backup is bad or the problem you are trying to fix is contained in your backup.
Yeah I had the app downloading problem which Apple claimed could be due to a corrupt backup, but I thought that doing an app sync would save all my data. Apparently I was wrong in that regard..

Has nothing to do with JB. Angry Birds data is often lost when you move up to a whole new version of iOS, like moving from 4 to 5, not 5.0 to 5.1.

The better question to ask is, "Is there a way to save game data so it can be transferred to another device?"

I'm not jail broken and have this issue as well. Everything is restored in safari and twitter apps but in games I always have to start over.

I've never lost any AB game data, but iOS 5.1 did make some of my phone's contacts disappear! Now, I'm Angry!!!