Saving Stored Movies to DVD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott would have to say for sure, but I do not think this is an acceptable topic for this forum. Video extraction is a very taboo topic with TiVo. As with the construction of nuclear weapons I know the information is out there on the net ...

slacker9876 said:
Scott would have to say for sure, but I do not think this is an acceptable topic for this forum. Video extraction is a very taboo topic with TiVo. As with the construction of nuclear weapons I know the information is out there on the net ...

Video Extraction may be a taboo subject, but that is not necessarily what djlanie was asking about. This can be done quite easily and legally by simply playing the video from the Tivo to a Video capture card like the "Pinnacle Systems Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150" or an "Adaptec VideOh! DVD". Both of these cards can capture any video source to the computer in a format that can be later saved to DVD. While this does not give a perfect digital copy like video extraction, there is nothing illegal or taboo about discussing this.

I have a video capture card in my computer and the S-video output of my HDVR2 is connected to it. The sound is connected to the input of my souncard.

I use the piece of software called iuVCR to control the capture. I capture in AVI format and then do some editing before creating a DVD layout and finally burn to DVD.

While this is not a perfect digital copy, the resulting video is as good as it can be and much much better than a VHS! And this is completely legal. ;) The only problem with this method is that it is very time consuming but in the end it is well worth it when you actually have a DVD of a show broadcast on TV. :)

Due to the fact that it takes so much time to do all this, I only make DVD's of TV shows that are not available for sale in stores. I will not make DVD's of recorded movies because I can buy the DVD in a store and it takes way less time to buy it than processing the video off the TiVo.

This is my experience. Your mileage may vary. ;)

tbenning said:
Video Extraction may be a taboo subject, but that is not necessarily what djlanie was asking about. This can be done quite easily and legally by simply playing the video from the Tivo to a Video capture card like the "Pinnacle Systems Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150" or an "Adaptec VideOh! DVD". Both of these cards can capture any video source to the computer in a format that can be later saved to DVD. While this does not give a perfect digital copy like video extraction, there is nothing illegal or taboo about discussing this.
Guess I just assumed the former rather than the latter since this is how I do it :dev

Status
Please reply by conversation.