Saw this on Help Me Howard on WPIX

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's not just Directv that has this policy. Dish, cable providers, cell phone companies, phone companies, etc.. It's a pretty standad practice. Is it right? Thats another story.

I'm not saying it's not right, just some people need to be more aware. Maybe they need to read the fine print or pay more attention when talking to someone about getting new equipment.

Well what they fail to mention is that when D* sends you a replacement its spelled out that there is a contract on a RED sticker right on the box or in an invoice envelope, which I guarantee they never read.

So what did you learn here kids? Have the protection plan.. no contract on a replacement... Dont have PP then yes you get extended.

I had a new receiver added to my account and they sent me something in the mail about 3 -4 days later stating that I agree to another two years. I called up and cancelled my receiver and was told that I would not get a refund and they would send a return box to me, which I'd have to return or be charged. :mad:

Personally, I feel, once you have completed your original 24 month commitment, there should be no more commitment for the sub as long as they are in good standing with the company.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts