SBC and Voom Channels

GaryPen said:
Yup. But, that's just one guy. OTOH, SBC CSR's may actually all be on the same page (something Dish subs are not used to), so the one guy may be speaking for all of 'em.

You mean their CSR's all give the same answer to the same question? :eek: :eek: Unbelievable. :no

NightRyder

Gary,

I just called SBC and the CSR told me that they just don't know if the VOOM channels will be added. He said that hopefully they will be added to the SBC/Dish programming but can't tell for sure.

So far, it sounds like they're on the same page. Unfortunately, I don't like this page, as I'm planning on switching back to Dish through SBC at some point.

OTOH, they'll probably have them by the time they release the 2Wire.

I also called SBC/DISH this morning to order new service w/Voom. The CSR was aware of the Voom channels but stated she had no way to include them in my order, they weren't an option she could sell yet. She told me that they should be able to sell them later maybe as early as next week. Hope so, because I want Dish/Voom but don't want to lock myself out of 2Wires MediaPortal when its released.

Does anyone know what SBC's policy is for upgrades?

The 2Wire portal sounds potentially interesting, though I don't know if it would work with a 2 SD TV system.

If I were to signup with a 522 now, can I upgrade in say, 4 months to the 2Wire, or are you pretty much stuck for a year?

i am with sbc/dish in connecticut for about 4months. at first could only get the 522. it cost $100 to lease 811. no 942 yet. can get hd pack but no voom channels. sbc or dish reps dont know when. all sbc customers are getting the dish 500 so we are out of luck for some time. with hd lite and no yes channel this year,probably no mets next year it will be hard to stay.although its cheaper than cable and picture is better.

I was a recent SBC sub as of a week ago. When I discovered that the VOOM channels were not available I switched to Dish directly. I was considered a new Dish sub so I was able to lease the 942. I was also not charged for the dish at 61.5 because I already had a Dish Sat. installed through SBC :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)