SBC / DirecTV Satellite Problem - please help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdx08774

Sep 13, 2004
Hi,

I've been a happy customer of DirecTV for over 6 months, and recently purchased a new home (a loft condo). When I bought the place, I was told that it was prewired for DirecTV. Since buying the place, I've come to find out that it in fact has SBC Home Entertainment service, with DirecTV programming.

So, I call SBC and have the most unhelpful conversation ever. I explain that I have all the equipment, but they still insist that I use their receivers. They offer the TiVo service, but I have to buy two destackers (one for each of my Samsung units) at a cost of $150 each. Then they want to charge me $57 per month for Total Choice with Locals - a complete rip off.

I'm wondering if I can just keep my service with DirecTV and not tell SBC. How would they know? I know I'll still need the stackers...

Does anyone recommend a place to buy the stackers that I need. I believe I need two dual stackers to get the best out of my units.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. I'm really stuck and am not sure what to do.

Thanks,
HDX.

AFAIK, using some destackers, you should be able to use your own equipment (although it will only "see" the 101 sat).

The problem you will run into is when activating the service. They (DirecTV) will see your service location and tell you that you have to call XXX for SBC.

You can however "move" to a non SBC location and leave your billing address at your home.

Casey

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)