SBC/DISH Bundle Customers

jameskris

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2004
I have had the SBC/DISH Bundle for a while now and was wondering if we get all the perks the regular DISH customers? IE....do we get the free pay-per-view certificates for the price increase or can we utilize the club dish promotions?

I don't know about the PPV but SBC DISH customers are not eligible for ClubDISH. The only discounts SBC offers are for bundling services.

I got burned a while back on bundling Cingular with SBC in an effort to have one bill and save a few bucks. That was the worst idea I ever had.
It took SBC literally 6 months to get the account moved over CORRECTLY.
If I called Cingular, they said I had a "combined billing account" which took me to some dept where there could never look at both my Cingular and SBC account.
So much for using Cingular's web site to view your account , check minutes, etc... That convenience went away with "combined billing as well".

So I'm not surprised if you don't see many perks like a normal E* customer would.

I finally saw an E*/SBC dish yesterday. Looks like it was painted black. Not the most appealing in my opinion.

voomster2 said:
I finally saw an E*/SBC dish yesterday. Looks like it was painted black. Not the most appealing in my opinion.

It looks very tacky. The gray writing on lighter gray background dishes have writing but it's not as visible as the white writing on black background dishes from SBC.

Well that is a bummer! I guess it might be worth the bundle to save the $4.00/mo. I guess that is about like getting a free PPV per month. I must have lucked out on the DISH thing though. They brougnt me a gray dish like all of the others! I was thinking about bundling my cell phone with SBC as well, but that doesn't sound like the best idea in the world.

Thanks guys!

jameskris said:
Well that is a bummer! I guess it might be worth the bundle to save the $4.00/mo. I guess that is about like getting a free PPV per month. I must have lucked out on the DISH thing though. They brougnt me a gray dish like all of the others! I was thinking about bundling my cell phone with SBC as well, but that doesn't sound like the best idea in the world.

Thanks guys!

To be a little more specific... I tried to keep my old (not longer offered)Cingular plan when I moved it to SBC. I was told "no problem" and I would still get a $3.00 discount. To make a long story short, SBC moved me into a new plan without my knowledge at first and then it took really 7 months for someone to "programatically" to put it back. In the meantime, I had to call each month to get credit $$$ issued. I'm sure I ended up losing $$$.
Unless you are looking at getting a new Cingular plan that SBC offers on their web page, I strongely urge you to stay away from the dreaded "combined billing".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)