SBC Dish customers

jdkrug

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 12, 2004
Oklahoma City
SBC Dish Network upgrade number 1 866 722 7500 called this afternoon to upgrade my 921 to new 622. took 5 min. installed scheduled 04-05-06. very quick and easy.

Homezone

The fact that they are now leasing 622 is interesting to me...they are suppose to release the homezone this quarter (per all their forward looking investor statements) so one would think that they would only want one high def mpeg 4 box to support.

This leads me to two though processes. First, the homezone will have a much bigger upgrade fee or that in their contact with dish network they have to offer all of its own hardware in addition to whatever At&t offers (which does not make sense with the reported shortage of 622's)

I am very interested in seeing the homezone box in action, at&t now has a media segment on their website that shows the homezone in action. They have had over a year to get all the bugs out. Are they just waiting until they ramp up production?

Surely someone has to know the answers.

Is that HomeZone unit vaporware or the real deal? Will SBC allow me to upgrade my 521 SD DVR to a 622? I know I'll have to pay the whole $299 lease fee.

I just went to the SBC DISH site. They have a picture of the 622 but are still referring to it as a 942. We're moving in May, so I will be upgrading then.

Last edited:
I think that the homezone is the real deal...but the question is with the new planned merger of bellsouth, how much of a priority is the homezone?

I bought a 622 and installed and activated it Friday with SBC. No troubles at all.

I am really interested in the IPTV stuff that AT&T is supposed to be real close to releasing. In Little Rock the battle has begun between Comcast and AT&T over franchise fees. Should be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Love the 622, if you can get your hands on one, do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts