Sbc/dish install nightmare

Nitehawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 13, 2004
California
I have been a customer for over a year with sbc/dish.I have a 522 installed and recently wanted to add an hd reciever.We had the installers come on Sunday.When the guys showed up they started the install.Then half way through I went out and asked how it was going.They told me it was just fine.Then I asked about the voom pack I had ordered before everything went hd lite.They were clueless about that part of the order,telling me it was not there in their paper work.So I called sbc and they claimed to have no record of it,which is total bs.So after an hour with 2 csr's they came back and apologized for screwing it up.I was more then a little upset but they said they will come out Wednesday.Well here it is 5:35pm here in California and they didn't show up.Something is very wrong here.So now I have to call back sbc and try to get this settled again.I still want to keep my service but this is ridiculous.Should I try and get my billing changed over to regular dish?Anyway with all that's going on with the voom pack maybe it's good they didn't show up.

Nitehawk

No way to get your billing changed over to dish, you would have to cancel service altogether and then call dish and restart as a new customer wich Im not sure is possible as you are a current customer on dish networks computer system. It is also possible that the tech is running late due to workload, dish has increased the push for completions this month to try and get 300,000 jobs done to reach 12 million aparently.

Actually I got a letter last week from SBC telling me that I could have the billing changed to Dish Network. Also, they ssaid If I changed the billing to E* that I would not get the discount that I was getting.
Nitehawk you should have gotten that letter if you are an SBC/Dish customer.
Here is the letter. My scanner is not that great but it's readable.

Attachments

• SBC-Dish.pdf
    471.1 KB · Views: 349
I wonder when they started this? Must have been back on sept 1 05 when the new contract was signed between the two, probably a few customers that have wanted to keep dish but drop sbc wich wouldnt surprise me considering all of the complaints Ive heard from customers of sbc.

It must be something new. I just got the letter last week and forgot to post it. It's kind of interesting but in my case I will stay put with SBC for now. Every time I call them for something, they always screw up but I always get compensated for the troubles.:) Like the 811 I got for nothing.

I had horrific experience with D* installers and now i own my home and wanted to do a clean job so i ordered everything off the web, THANK YOU THANK boyz and gals of SatelliteGuys, you are a priceless resource.

So, for the past few days i spent a little bit 1-2 hrs (no light in evenings), wiring the house and the dish, fooling with the GPS and the angle calculator, getting a crummy $40 Walmart surveillance system to use its 5" TV for antenna pointing, digging, mixing concrete and cutting poles.

This after all is a great hobby, and unfortunately it looks like i am exhibiting early symptoms of the next stage of upgraditis, the FTA syndrome. Blame E-Bay for it :)

Thanks for the info,got off the phone with sbc.Someone cancelled my appointment that was scheduled for this afternoon.They apologized for the inconvience and will be coming Monday.So will see what happens hehe.

Nitehawk

Nitehawk said:
I have been a customer for over a year with sbc/dish.I have a 522 installed and recently wanted to add an hd reciever.We had the installers come on Sunday.When the guys showed up they started the install.Then half way through I went out and asked how it was going.They told me it was just fine.Then I asked about the voom pack I had ordered before everything went hd lite.They were clueless about that part of the order,telling me it was not there in their paper work.So I called sbc and they claimed to have no record of it,which is total bs.So after an hour with 2 csr's they came back and apologized for screwing it up.I was more then a little upset but they said they will come out Wednesday.Well here it is 5:35pm here in California and they didn't show up.Something is very wrong here.So now I have to call back sbc and try to get this settled again.I still want to keep my service but this is ridiculous.Should I try and get my billing changed over to regular dish?Anyway with all that's going on with the voom pack maybe it's good they didn't show up.
Nitehawk
I don't think you can do that..Change your billing.....You can however use a number different form the one on your account and call dish directly..ulitmately ,they are responsible..One thing i do not undestand is what the prgramming had to do with anything..The tech(s) should have simply called their dispatch or DNSC and gotten the w/o changed ot reflect your request....they could have used a d-500 antenna to point to 61.5 ..
Anyway, It's water under the bridge..Cal Dish directly (not sbc) and bitch like crazy to see if you can get some freebies out of them...BY+TW as a tech, i can tell the number one cause of customer disastisfaction..the idiot tech who does not call their next customer to let them know they're running late....
"never underestimate the value of a well timed phone call".

"One thing i do not undestand is what the prgramming had to do with anything..The tech(s) should have simply called their dispatch or DNSC and gotten the w/o changed ot reflect your request....they could have used a d-500 antenna to point to 61.5 .."

I don't blame the techs they did what they were told by their company.I was on the phone with sbc when they were here.They told me to ask the guys if they had more equipment on the truck,which they did not.It was a csr mistake with sbc.They will waive the additional $100 for the seperate dish.So it all worked out in the end.

Nitehawk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)