SBC/Dishnetwork - "unbundled" The Endless...

Matt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 27, 2004
I thought to keep you updated, who tried to help me on Saturday to get unbundled from SBC to be able to add the voom HD channels, which sbc is NOT offering.
I called sbc again today and was told, unbundeling will take 2 billing cycles and it will NOT make me a NEW customer with dish - and until that time I will not be able to receive the Voom channels (I have the superdish pro 110,119 and 121 and a 500 dish pro - aimed myself at 61.5)
The very friendly rep told me. if I cancel my sbc/dishnetwork subscription today, I would be able to call Dish as a new customer and get all the specials.
The signal was turned off while I was still on the phone. They'll send me 2 boxes to return their equipment ( a 522 and a 811)
I had to call Dish several times and finally I got a rep, who took all my requests etc, yes I'll get the 942 etc and the successor to the 522 - in 10 (ten days).
I told her, I own a 921 and asked her to turn this receiver on.
I was told, that this is impossible because the other receivers have to be activated first and I have to wait until they are being delivered by the installer. I told her, that this won't be necessary, since the cables, the switches and the dishes are there already and I am capable of plugging the receivers myself - answer was still the same and I could tell the installer, that he doesn't have to do it.
Since I have an accent myself - german - I won't say anything about the dish-rep - it's just sad, that outsourcing still continues.
I did write an e-mail to dishnetwork - no answer yet.
Any idea is highly appreciated.
The referral code (thanks Chad) I am supposed to give to the installer, when he comes.
Thanks again!
Matt :-(

It is not possible for the Dish rep to activate the box because you are considered a new customer through dish. Your receiver is currently registered under an SBC account. If they did activate it then your Dish installation would be cancelled. Your best option would be to contact SBC and find out if it is possible to continue your programing until your install date with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts