SC 60 E dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

black Bear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I have a Star CH 60 E dish and want to hit G10 R - 18 and want to know which side of the lnb to use .. It is not the pop bottle lnb , it is the smaller dual unit and has 4 ports on bottom ..Thanx.. :)

Personally I'd use "sat b" which is the one straight down the arm
Settings would be 10750 and turn the 22k ON
(if you had Starchoice this would be the 111.1 LNB)

The other one is offset and would lose some quality

When I used my 75e dish I noticed a few points gained on quality but was easier to aim the dish with the right elevation using sat B

Update

The best quality on certain tps was 45 and others were 15 .... Dont know why i could not get better quality reading .. I tweeked everything many times and it refused to get better Q ... I did not go by any dish pointer info for SC dish , only what i used on my 33" windguard when it was pointed at G18 . The mast was plumb .:confused:

Dont know why i could not get better quality reading ..
And how did the 33" dish perform?

The Star Choice 60 cm dish, is maybe 24 inches wide, and elliptical (less tall)
That's likely why you get low Q: interference from adjacent satellites.

I'd use it on less critical satellites, and put up something bigger if the current Q is too low.

The 33 was much better on all tps but cant remember the numbers .
Likely in the 70s if memory serves ..

how big IS it ?

The size info I found is quite confusing:

KusatSite said:
The Star Choice elliptical dish kit comes in 2 sizes: 60cm/24inch and 75cm/30inch.

• The 24inch kit is elliptical and measures 28" x 18" (approx.).
  • The 30inch kit is elliptical and measures 35" x 28" (approx.).
Both kits come with a Quad Output LNBF.
But regardless, I think we can agree that if you don't like the Q, get a bigger dish. - :cool:

I'm thinking that my windguard is a 39 " not 33 ".. It is at moms and i will measure one day ...

The size info I found is quite confusing:

Originally Posted by KusatSite
The Star Choice elliptical dish kit comes in 2 sizes: 60cm/24inch and 75cm/30inch.
The 24inch kit is elliptical and measures 28" x 18" (approx.).
The 30inch kit is elliptical and measures 35" x 28" (approx.).

I measured my 60e last night before I posted (only dish I have that I don't have to get the ladder out to measure!) and re-measured today and it is 32 x 18 1/4. (I have three 60e's, one old, two newer, and all are the same size).

Took out the ladder and measured my 75e and it is 35 3/4 x 26 1/2.

If the poster KusatSite is from kusat.com, those are the measurements they list on their site, but they are incorrect (I have dealt with kusat.com many times, and they are an excellent company).

But regardless, I think we can agree that if you don't like the Q, get a bigger dish. - :cool:

Correct. From my notes, the only satellite I can give fairly accurate comparison between a 60e and a 80cm is AMC21 (125), where I saw roughly a 10-15% drop in quality when switching down from the 80cm to the 60e. That was more than acceptable for that strong satellite, but I would definitely want a bigger dish on G18 (123).

The best quality on certain tps was 45 and others were 15 .... Dont know why i could not get better quality reading .. I tweeked everything many times and it refused to get better Q ... I did not go by any dish pointer info for SC dish , only what i used on my 33" windguard when it was pointed at G18 . The mast was plumb .:confused:

I'm assuming you skewed the dish properly?

Hello
I dont really know what is proper but standing behind dish i turned it clockwise to hit it .. I could not hit it the other way ..
I tried every skew degree upward from 90 and would not get better ..
The channels that have 45 work ok but others are pixelling terribly ..
I tried elevations from 20 - 25 as well as adjusting skew on each elevation degree change .
Maybe you could give me a few pointers Ice , thx ..

location??

Unless you are on the west coast the skew should be clockwise (if standing behind the dish) so the left side of the LNB is higher than the right side

since thelist doesnt have canadian addresses I used a US city south of there (Erie, PA) and got
skew 37.0°L

so turn the dish (if behind it) to the right (clockwise) to 53 or 127 (I forget how the numbering is on those dishes)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)