Scheduled Install and order revision question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BiteMe

Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Highlands Ranch, CO
I've got an install appoinment for MRV on Wednesday (replacement box for my 10-250 (hopefully at HR24) + SWiM LNB/Multiswitch + DECA hardware). When I placed the order I was offered another new HD (non-DVR) box + running of a new line to a new room for the box (as part of the standard installation) at no cost, but I told them I had to think about it. The CSR put notes in the system confirming the offer and told me I could call back to have it added to the install order as long as I did it before I was 24 hours out from the scheduled install date. So, tonight I called back in to have the box added to the order. I was told that that was no problem, but we'd need to cancel the existing order and create a new one with all the stuff from the old order plus the additional HD (non-DVR) box. I decided to hold off b/c I didn't want to risk losing my Wednesday install date.

So, my question - has anybody else had a similar experience where an existing order had to be cancelled in order to add new equipment to the order? (or, asked another way, does Dtv's system really not allow the addition of equipment to an existing order, instead requiring that the order be cancelled and re-setup to include the new equipment)?

I don't want to start playing CSR roulette if what the CSR told me tonight is really true. Thanks to anyone who has any experience with this.

I've got an install appoinment for MRV on Wednesday (replacement box for my 10-250 (hopefully at HR24) + SWiM LNB/Multiswitch + DECA hardware). When I placed the order I was offered another new HD (non-DVR) box + running of a new line to a new room for the box (as part of the standard installation) at no cost, but I told them I had to think about it. The CSR put notes in the system confirming the offer and told me I could call back to have it added to the install order as long as I did it before I was 24 hours out from the scheduled install date. So, tonight I called back in to have the box added to the order. I was told that that was no problem, but we'd need to cancel the existing order and create a new one with all the stuff from the old order plus the additional HD (non-DVR) box. I decided to hold off b/c I didn't want to risk losing my Wednesday install date.

So, my question - has anybody else had a similar experience where an existing order had to be cancelled in order to add new equipment to the order? (or, asked another way, does Dtv's system really not allow the addition of equipment to an existing order, instead requiring that the order be cancelled and re-setup to include the new equipment)?

I don't want to start playing CSR roulette if what the CSR told me tonight is really true. Thanks to anyone who has any experience with this.

Its been a while form me since I dont normally handle ace calls . They should not had issues modify the work order if you called more then 24 hours ahead ... Generally but from the updated training I had to take on it with Deca order you have to do any additional lines first then add deca install . So yes they probably had no choice then to cancel and rebuild .

Status
Please reply by conversation.