Scheduled programs not recording properly

fharris770

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Georgia
I seem to remember that for a long time I could schedule a program to record and end recording "one minute late" so as to not miss the next week previews. If there were another recording programed right after, the second program would simply start one minute late without problem. Now if I schedule a program and add one minute, one of two things happen: either the program will end at the scheduled time without adding the minute, or in some cases, the extra minute will be recorded as scheduled, but the next scheduled program will start up to three minutes late. Any ideas??? This is very frustrating!!!

known issue

If you record shows back to back Dish receivers do a "hard cut" at the scheduled time (no padding). Depending on the receiver if you have a dual tuner unit (722/622/612 etc) and add the buffer it then throws the next show on the other tuner so for a couple minutes you tie up both tuners.

211 there is no workaround since its a single tuner unit

I guess you could get what you want on a dual tuner if you could "force" the second show on the other tuner. This would be tricky. Maybe manually schedule something starting 1 min or so after the first and lasting as little as 1 min. Then schedule the second show.

If the extension is more than 3 min after or more than 1 min before, it will not be truncated. Good luck on this.

You could extend the first say 5 min and manually stop it as need be. But you would have to be there and alert.

-Ken

I always pad my recordings front and back so not to miss anything, and with my dual tuner 722 in dual mode, it always use 2 tuners for the overlaps.

thanks guys. I should have said I have a 722 operating in dual mode (at least 5 yrs old). I do a lot of recording in prime time and often have both tuners programed at the same time. I would almost swear that not long ago, I could do the "end 1 min late option without affecting the next scheduled recording (other than it starting one minute late). I guess that I will just have to be as careful as possible to keep the tuners on the same channel whenever possible and avoid using the "end late" feature. My wife is a big Grey's Anatomy fan and this one almost always bleeds into the next time slot.

My 722 in single mode and 2 minutes before and 3 after padding operates exactly as dare2be describes in message #4. If I take a minute off of each pad (1 minute before and 2 after) back to back events will stay on the same tuner. So far I've only done this by going to that day's recording schedule and manually editing each back to back timer so my evening's non-DVR viewing is not interrupted. I wish Dish software could automatically handle this situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts