Scheduling a recording from a VIP22K

Christopher Piner

Original poster
Hi all
Hopefully some one can help me here, i am not very handy with electronic stuff. i was wondering if there was an off the shelf (without subscription, no tvio or dish Dvr) Dvr recorder that I could use to Schedule recordings from a VIP22K. This is currently hooked up to my third Tv in my daughters bedroom she cannot schedule her recordings when both her mother and I have our program's scheduled.
Thanks for any help.

Inkman

It sounds as if the 3rd TV in the daughter's bedroom might be hooked up as a TV2 out of either the 722 or 222. If it hooked up to a 222 it is not, of course, a DVR. I'm not sure that anything exists to meet their needs.... It might help to know what the OPs actual configuration at home is, like how many receivers, type, and how they/it is hooked up.....

It's still too vague to know what the OP is looking for except that they want to schedule a recording on an external device.

It sounds like the OP is trying to record from a receiver. If the receiver is a ViP222, the answer is no. If the receiver is a ViP211, the answer is a one-time charge of $40 along with a reasonably sized (320GB-1TB), self powered USB 2.0 hard drive ($80+)

It sounds as if the 3rd TV in the daughter's bedroom might be hooked up as a TV2 out of either the 722 or 222. If it hooked up to a 222 it is not, of course, a DVR. I'm not sure that anything exists to meet their needs.... It might help to know what the OPs actual configuration at home is, like how many receivers, type, and how they/it is hooked up.....
Yes, you are correct, sorry for the lack of detail information. Our whole house DVR is VIP722. THE BOX IN MY KIDS ROOM IS A VIP222K. The TV is hooked up as a TV2 out of the VIP722, i was hoping that i could add a external recorder( off the vip222k) and be able to schedule programming that my daughter wanted. is there any device that would change the tv guide in the VIP222K (HOW ABOUT AN IR BLASTER ? ) AGAIN I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT AUDIO/VIDEO EQUIPMENT.....

Thanks

If nobody is using the TV2 output of your 222k, I'd swap it for a 211k, add the DVR conversion, and you're done. You save $7/mo in extra receiver fees. If somebody IS using the TV2 output, I'd swap it for TWO 211k's for the same montly bill.

There use to be some Sony's that had timers built in .. you may still find them on Ebay ..
RM-AV2500
RM-AV3000
and others.. have timer functions that would allow you to set the remote to issue commands to turn on the TV, dvr, start recording, etc..

TiVo!!!!!

Of course for the subscription price you could get DISH receiver. For TiVo it would have to be a used series 1 or 2 seeing the series 3 won't record from DISH or Directv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)