Scifi HD and USA HD available in Puerto Rico

SoftwrDude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2004
Hi to all,

I just noticed channels 5502 USA HD and 5503 SCIFI HD.

Is this another test from Dish? or these are permanent channels? I hope this is the start of more HD channels for Puerto Rico and USVI customers.

Nice day to all!

Hi to all,

I just noticed channels 5502 USA HD and 5503 SCIFI HD.

Is this another test from Dish? or these are permanent channels? I hope this is the start of more HD channels for Puerto Rico and USVI customers.

Nice day to all!

These were activated about a week ago and should be permanent. If you look at the uplink report that has 47 changes they've uplinked 8 more channels in the 5500 range. They haven't made them available yet, but maybe soon.

These were activated about a week ago and should be permanent. If you look at the uplink report that has 47 changes they've uplinked 8 more channels in the 5500 range. They haven't made them available yet, but maybe soon.

Thanks, hadn't seen that either. I saw the scifi and usa post to know to go look for them, now I will have to keep a look out here for when soon happens for these channels. I wish food would have been included. It has the worst pq of the channels I regularly watch. All the chopping, stirring pouring, and fire, steam, and bubbling are really blocky. Travel will be nice.

When we got scifi, the first thing I recorded was lost room: letterbox 4:3 yeehaw! At least friday came soon enough for actual hd shows.

I noticed those 2 channels pop up..and I promptly removed them from my channel lineup.

Since I have the same channels repeated 3x (in the 100-200 range, in the 5000 range and again in the 9000 range) I only keep the HD channels in the 100-200 range.

Does this make any difference at all? Are they all exactly the same? The PQ isn't better for the 9000level SCIFI HD vs. the 5000level SCIFI HD vs. the 167 (or whatever it is) channel SCIFI HD correct?

I'm still confused why they duplicate these channels 3 separate times.

SCI-FI channel number 122 is on transponder 8 at satellite 119. (Two 122 channels? read below)

SCI-FI HD channel number 9432 is on transponder 17 at satellite 110.

SCI-FI HD 5503 and repeated 122 channel with the HD logo are something similar to a Window's shortcut. The number points to the same channel as the 9432 does. It is just another number in the guide pointing to the same channel. So 5503 and repeated 122HD point to the same place as 9432 points to, in the satellite.

Sometimes the guide duplicates channels for convenience, in the case of the repeated 122. They are next to each other, one HD and the other standard.

On the other cases, could be testing or channel lineup changes were they add a new channel number while the old channel stays in the guide for some time, until it is removed.

I noticed those 2 channels pop up..and I promptly removed them from my channel lineup.

Since I have the same channels repeated 3x (in the 100-200 range, in the 5000 range and again in the 9000 range) I only keep the HD channels in the 100-200 range.

Does this make any difference at all? Are they all exactly the same? The PQ isn't better for the 9000level SCIFI HD vs. the 5000level SCIFI HD vs. the 167 (or whatever it is) channel SCIFI HD correct?

I'm still confused why they duplicate these channels 3 separate times.

Makes sense. THanks. I couldn't imagine that DISH would be broadcasting an HD network on more than one satellite. I prefer all my 'regular' HD channels in teh 100 range so I don't have anything above 500 that I look at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts