Scott, 5xx ever getting nbr?

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
wil 5xx ever get nbr or will our recorders be shutoff firsts?
awhile ago ya told me soon but no other info
soon passed along time ago
when if ever will 5xx get nbr?

Too funny Stone !!! NBR will be installed on the 5xx series in December of 20??. Once the bugs are worked out, a software upgrade will disable this function because of the Tivo lawsuit.

This was my biggest reason for leaving Dish. Second was I got tired of rebooting my 811 and 721 and the third reason was I wanted an HD DVR (They wouldn't go lower than $599 for a 922 even though it became worthless 4 months later).

I now have the HD-Tivo (all nets OTA and, of course, NBR) and four hacked Tivos that allow me to do Multiroom Viewing, view pictures and listen to mp3s and download shows from the Tivo to my computer which lets me either burn to DVD or convert to .avi / .mp2 to watch TV on my cell phone on an SD card or play them on my PSP.

I so regret leaving Dish :)

mikew said:
Too funny Stone !!! NBR will be installed on the 5xx series in December of 20??. Once the bugs are worked out, a software upgrade will disable this function because of the Tivo lawsuit.

This was my biggest reason for leaving Dish. Second was I got tired of rebooting my 811 and 721 and the third reason was I wanted an HD DVR (They wouldn't go lower than $599 for a 922 even though it became worthless 4 months later).

I now have the HD-Tivo (all nets OTA and, of course, NBR) and four hacked Tivos that allow me to do Multiroom Viewing, view pictures and listen to mp3s and download shows from the Tivo to my computer which lets me either burn to DVD or convert to .avi / .mp2 to watch TV on my cell phone on an SD card or play them on my PSP.

I so regret leaving Dish :)

How have you had a Series 3 TIVO for that long to have accomplished all this?

I have a HD Tivo and four SD DirecTivos. The hacked DirecTivos are better than any DVR I had with Dish.

The Series 3 Tivos do not have MRV or Tivo2Go enabled at this time.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Last I heard they were aiming for September / October. Hopefully we hear more from CEDIA.

Scott, Didn't we have this same discussion in July? I have absolutely no faith in NBR on 50X ever because there is no revenue stream to E*. My current thinking is a trade in deal we can't refuse. Of course that will let the dvr fee kick in.

I don't value NBR enough to trade in my 508. I don't use my 508 enough for it to matter. But for folks that use it as their main DVR......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts