Scott a question about the 922 about the TV2 part in June

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
GREAT SHOW SCOTT AND BOB AS ALWAYS.I'M GETTING MY 922 INSTALLED THURSDAY.ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I LIKE IT.TY SCOTT FOR THE SHOW AND HELP.SCOTT DID YOU SAY THE TV2 IS COMING IN JUNE FOR THE 922 OR WAS IT SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS COMING IN JUNE.TY FOR ANY RESPONSE

No need to shout (the CAPS). June is the expected release timeframe for the HD sling extender thing (I can't ever remember the name, sorry).

Yes the Sling Receiver 300 is expected to be released sometime around June if everything goes will. That will let you watch TV2 in HD on a second TV in your house. :)

Yes the Sling Receiver 300 is expected to be released sometime around June if everything goes will. That will let you watch TV2 in HD on a second TV in your house. :)

Thank You Scott for your help and reply.this site is much help and appreciate the help and im sitting here waiting for the installer to come now to install the 922.Great site here and proud pub supporter and will be renewing my subscription in july for 2 years instead of 1.ty again for all your help:)

I see it has built in homeplug. Does the 922 also have that, and if so, will it be able to stream video over internal powerlines, such that no networking is required? If so, that would be cool.

What about the tv everywhere adapter? Is it coming out in June also? I would like to add one to my 722k and then put the hd media extender in master bedroom. I am not keen on the 922 at present. So this would be a way to have the best of both receivers and none of the negative.

So, the Sling Receiver 300 will only work via powerlines/Homeplug? Why wouldnt they have done it over WIFI? Is HD over Homeplug going to be reliable? My understanding is that the circuitry in one's house can be either go or no go. Isnt that potentially going to be a headache for E*, for the customers whose wiring just won't support a connection/stable connection. I know that some people have issues with WIFI in their houses, but I, and all my friends with the Netflix/Roku have no issues at all...

Hope E* made the right bet on Homeplug...

With the 700U will you be able to hook up that to a 722 and then the 922 will be able to see what is on the 722 and vice versa. I.E. Sort of like MRV from DirecTV, will you be able to access recordings from a 722 on the 922 and the 922 recordings on the 722?

I believe it has the option of Hard-wired ethernet cable, Homeplug or wireless.
BTW, my homeplug setup works extremely well.
I hope that's true that we can use ethernet or wireless, and that if we can, that the content streams within the network, and doesnt require one to log into dish's website/player.

From sling's site:

Network and Data Interfaces
Ethernet 10/100
External power supply with integrated HomePlug Turbo networking
USB 2.0, for use with optional dual band 802.11 a/g/n wireless networking accessory

So, the Sling Receiver 300 will only work via powerlines/Homeplug? Why wouldnt they have done it over WIFI? Is HD over Homeplug going to be reliable? My understanding is that the circuitry in one's house can be either go or no go. Isnt that potentially going to be a headache for E*, for the customers whose wiring just won't support a connection/stable connection. I know that some people have issues with WIFI in their houses, but I, and all my friends with the Netflix/Roku have no issues at all...

Hope E* made the right bet on Homeplug...

If that is the case, I wonder who pays for the damages when someone tries to wire a resistor across their electric dryer's outlet to join the two arms in the house?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)