Scott can you validate this?

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Scott can you validate this? Voom Chan. new subs only!

Hey I just got told by the executive office that the new VOOM channels will NOT Be avaible to existing subs ON MAY 1st. It will be a NEW SUB thing only. If this is the case everyone needs to swamp dishnetwork and speak to the executive office with phone calls!!!!! This is total Bullsh!t. :mad:

That sounds bogus to me.

Perhaps a little game of telephone maybe mixed up the message.

Perhaps it should've said.

New former voom subs will have the appriate equipment installed to receive the 10 HD channel on Rainbow one will be included in the subs. Former subs that want to add a wing dish to get the channels will have to pay the std $99, but certainly it's not going to be only new subs. Just calm down, quite calling dish, and wait for more details :)

thats what i thought too. but after being told from the supervisor, and then the exectutive office.. i think if this is true alot of people are going to be pissed off!!!! this would be another sat guys exclusive curtisy of me!!! lol

goaliebob99 said:
Hey I just got told by the executive office that the new VOOM channels will NOT Be avaible to existing subs ON MAY 1st. It will be a NEW SUB thing only. If this is the case everyone needs to swamp dishnetwork and speak to the executive office with phone calls!!!!! This is total Bullsh!t. :mad:
Why?

With HW, I can understand that it is a limited supply and they prefer to attract new subs.

But what is the advantage to do this with new channels?

-Mark

markusian said:
Why?

With HW, I can understand that it is a limited supply and they prefer to attract new subs.

But what is the advantage to do this with new channels?

-Mark

you got me... i told them that they were about to have alot of pissed off coustomers on there hands

there are a few people reporting this now. i guess we will have to wait and see. i still don't see it happening, however, i guess you can't ever put anything past charlie.

To only offer additional channels which means an additional revenue to new subscribers only is total b.s. as that would be one huge stupid marketing decisions.

NOT TRUE.

I also understand they are working on things tonight, there is a chance you could wake up tommorow and have VOOM channels (although on May 1st is still the planned date) :)

My advice is to have a good weekend, get outside, have fun. On Monday we will know all the answers :)

the first dish employees heard of this, they told them that it would only be available to voom customers switching over. then a little while later, it sounds like it would be available to anyone with an hdtv reciever & 61.5. knowing dish, this will probably change 9,673,753,856,123,353,219,984,326 times before it actually launches.

The facts blast from Echostar and my distributor would not lie, we ARE getting the VoOm channels by May 1, 2005. Don't believe the lies your hearing. It's not going to change, the decision to do this has already been made and a special message was sent to retailers regarding this and other things at Team Summit.

I have both Dish and Voom

goaliebob99 said:

called dish tonight, and got a similar answer, except when I told her I subscribe to both Dish and Voom, she wasn't sure, and indicated to call on Sunday.

I certainly hope Scott is correct, I would be not very happy as a loyal dish customer for many years, and a Voom customer for 6 months, if they would not give me an opportunity to get the Voom channels from dish

jeslevine said:
called dish tonight, and got a similar answer, except when I told her I subscribe to both Dish and Voom, she wasn't sure, and indicated to call on Sunday.

I certainly hope Scott is correct, I would be not very happy as a loyal dish customer for many years, and a Voom customer for 6 months, if they would not give me an opportunity to get the Voom channels from dish

So... that means even the CSR wasn't sure, and wanted you to WAIT and call back later for clarification since hopefully by Sunday the should know more than they do now... So like Scott says.... go out, enjoy the day, and wait and see... we will know more Sunday evening, or Monday.

I'm sure that the CSR's spreading misinformation simply misunderstood their own instructions. Undoubtedly, the programming will be available to all (at possibly a higher price, it seems now.) The special promo package pricing and hw discounts will be reserved for new customers, possibly only ex-Voomers. Does it make sense now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)