Scott, or anyone, know if ESPNU will be added soon?

Harry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Las Cruces, NM
Saw on the D* forum where D* is rumored to be doing a promo 1 August to give away thier HD, Mepg4 equipment with a 2 yr commitment.

I am interested in getting ESPNU, which D* carries, but E* won't say if they will or not.

Do any of you insiders/E* employees know if E* will be picking up ESPNU by football season?

I hope they add it before football.

CSTV has been uplinked on the sat since last fall and Dish has still not released it.

From what I've read elsewhere ESPNU will be showing GamePlan games (and perhaps the regional ABC telecasts) on a tape delay basis.

As to whether or not Dish picks it up, all you can to is fire off an e-mail to Dish and hope for the best.

Just an FYI, word is...as long as ABC/ESPN wants to charge what they are asking for the channel now and insist on having it on a basic package the answer is it will NEVER be on Dish. In reality, those who want yet another sports channel showing similar content to what is available on a half a dozen other channels already will have to wait until the ESPN retransmission contract is up for renewal. At that time, I am sure there will be another knock-down drag-out between Dish and ABC resulting in the channel being available somehow.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Just an FYI, word is...as long as ABC/ESPN wants to charge what they are asking for the channel now and insist on having it on a basic package the answer is it will NEVER be on Dish. In reality, those who want yet another sports channel showing similar content to what is available on a half a dozen other channels already will have to wait until the ESPN retransmission contract is up for renewal. At that time, I am sure there will be another knock-down drag-out between Dish and ABC resulting in the channel being available somehow.

See ya
Tony

I guess Disney/ESPN/ABC wants folks to pay for their incredibly financially stupid contract they signed with the NBA a few years back. I believe NBC had a major part of the previous NBA contract and lost over a billion dollars with it so Disney goes out and offers the NBA even more money than NBC.

thought I read someplace the cost for ESPNU was fairly cheap, far cheaper than most other regional sports net because most of the programming was a retransmission of ESPN Regional telecasts. If E* wanted to add ESPNU, all they have to do is add it to the sports pack and make money off it.

TNGTony said:
Just an FYI, word is...as long as ABC/ESPN wants to charge what they are asking for the channel now and insist on having it on a basic package the answer is it will NEVER be on Dish.
DirecTV has ESPNU (and CSTV) in its Sports Pack. Is Disney really insisting that ESPNU has to be in a basic package?

DirecTV was allowed to add ESPN-U to the Sports Pack only (as mentioned above). *Perhaps* Dish decided it wasn't worth adding ESPN-U right before the summer (they did miss a lot of college baseball). They did the same thing with Comcast-Chicago, adding that channel only when the Cubs season started (Chicago Bulls games be damned).

The best chance of seeing ESPN-U and CSTV added will probably be in the next month or so.

DirecTV has ESPNU (and CSTV) in its Sports Pack. Is Disney really insisting that ESPNU has to be in a basic package?
id not know if disney wants that i hope they do it they have espnews on basic dish i think i could be wrong but on dish top 60 i think they have tvg horce racing for crying out if horse racing can be on top 60 why cant espnu?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts