Scott Pilgrim: verses the world

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
I do not know why, but I am really looking forward to this movie. I am going on vacation next week in FL and will have to see it there. Unfortunately I will not be able to see it tomorrow since traveling.

It has been getting good reviews from critics. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Just seen it tonight and loved it. It's not like anything I've seen before but it was a ton of fun. I think the movie speaks more to recent generations but if you're a geek you'll probably enjoy it. Really liked it.

I finally got to see it last night. I really liked it. But, it definitely plays to a narrow audience. I will definitely pick it up on BD.

Had it's funny parts, had it's dumb parts. Overall it was an ok movie.

I just didn't really get the whole vs. thing.

Was it a movie? was it a video game?

C+/B- grade.

Well I saw it a second time. I must admit I like it even more the second time. It definitely is not a movie for everyone, and given its box office performance, looks like not most. What gets me hooked on it is how original it is. It is definitely not a standard movie. Yes it is somewhat portrayed as a video game, somewhat as a graphic novel, etc. It is an unique combination which I have never seen before. They work the film in new and interesting ways and the second time through I was able to see so much more since I did not have to really think about the plot.

The weak box office is probably caused by the different format. I can see how it would be a hard sell since it is hard to define just what the movie is. Is it a comedy, a video game, a graphic novel, a geek romance fantasy, hopeless slacker in love, or something else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts