Scott-Thread Idea

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
Can you make a sticky with all the important Dish email addresses? If you do it with a small pdf attachment, it is safe from the bots.

You could also do a csv like this...

When using this email, replace the comma with an @

dishquality,dishnetwork.com
ceo,dishnetwork.com

etc...

After reading some threads, it seems like people would like a 'Trouble? Come Here' sticky.

Just an idea...

I would be happy to create and modify it, if you will give me forever edit access to that thread. I could go through it once a month and make additions/deletions based on things on the site.

Last edited:
Far more effective and efficient is the Dish Internet Response Team (DIRT), already in play.

Far more effective and efficient is the Dish Internet Response Team (DIRT), already in play.

It may be efficient for an account issue, but it is nowhere near as efficient as being able to click a thread and see who to email for what. No waiting there, so I respectfully disagree.

The Dish Response Team is the liaison between Dish and the people here to make things easier to get questions answered, which is the reason that Dish and Satelliteguys started this program if I'm not mistaken. I would think that they would be able to direct the questioner to the right place if it were something that was outside of the realm of their expertise...

And the same thread could post the names of the DIRT team and the hours that they're usually around

At any time, you can go to the bottom of the Forum page and find the "on duty" members in red.

This idea would prevent people from slamming the person looking for help.

Your best off dealing direct with the dirt members there use no one better to help you out.

As far as posting email addresses I am against it, as other then 2 or 3 public addresses the rest that are posted we are normally asked to remove them by Dish Network.

never heard of dish quality. what is that email for?

That's the whole point of wanting to have a sticky thread. Even people here don't know some of these things exist.

I thought it was a good idea. Looks like the powers that be disagree. Sorry I brought it up.

I just think it is good to put KNOWN information in an easy to find place and try to minimize the beat down first time users on this site get when they ask an old question.

That's the whole point of wanting to have a sticky thread. Even people here don't know some of these things exist.

I thought it was a good idea. Looks like the powers that be disagree. Sorry I brought it up.

I just think it is good to put KNOWN information in an easy to find place and try to minimize the beat down first time users on this site get when they ask an old question.

i know what it is now though

People used to email the then known addresses with late or NO responses whatsoever. That was the dark ages compared to what the Dirt team has provided. What you want is not there. Get over it and get with it!

And what is with the "beat down/get slammed" crud? Unless someone comes in with an ATTITUDE, everyone has been and is always ready to help.

Last edited:
KAB said:
At any time, you can go to the bottom of the Forum page and find the "on duty" members in red.

Depends on how you access the forum. The Android app doesn't show the "who's on line" info. Would be a nice feature to add....

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts