Scott : What can we do about the 921?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
NightRyder said:
NY, Chicago and Atlanta are all DNS cities, yes they can change that but NY matches D* so it's not going anywhere. Also all of the cities you have mentioned are LARGE markets. Think about this for a moment, if you were E* would you require the largest number of subscribers, who have access to the most provider options, to add a second dish for locals just so a tiny fraction of your subscribers could have a couple more HD channels? I think not.

My big concern is that E* will follow D* lead and compress the crap out of any HD channels added before MPEG4. I invested a large sum of money to watch HD, NOT HD lite.

NightRyder
So you're saying that the answer to the one dish LOCALS requirement is to put ALL the large market locals on the core (110/119)? I think I like my way better.

mdonnelly said:
So you're saying that the answer to the one dish LOCALS requirement is to put ALL the large market locals on the core(110/119)?

Allowing for the successful launch and deployment of Echostar 10, I think that is exactly what they'll do.

NightRyder

I agree, the idea isto keep the cost as low as possible and balance that with bandwidth constraints. The most cost effective solution is to consolidate the largest markets on the main birds with spotbeams and then push the smaller markets to the wings or to a Superdish on the higher orbits.

jsanders said:
What about that law that is forcing Dish to provide a 1 Dish solution? You can't put 110/119 and 61.5 on one dish.

Sure you can. You can cover the entire spectrum with one dish, but this is not the whole spectrum. Dish'll probably call it the SuperDuperDish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)