Scott : What will AMC-15 be used for?

Ok ok...

It will be used to replace the existing satellite at 105, which is used for locals. There is some buzz that new HD could be going to the 105 location as well but this is not officially confirmed.

Not for Sure yet on SuperDish! I think the SuperDish some folks might half to get to get their locals in certain markets is all!So you should not need a SuperDish to get new HD or anything else manily locals in certain area's!

The only reason they put locals on the 105 was that AMC2 sucked, and they needed to do something with the inventory. When AMC15 replaces AMC2 at the 105, I believe they will start moving the locals off of it and putting the new HD channels on it like they were going to do last december. When E10 goes up, they can move some of the locals off of it, and then you only need an HD receiver to get your HD if you don't already have 1.

I dont see any locals moving at all until E10 is up... thats even if they do that. Remeber E*'s goal is to have as many LIL Markets as possible to stay ahead of D* when it comes to analog (SD) local content... but once they have the spot satellite then they will I assume move what they can move to maximise spot usage.

maybe...
E10 supposedly has more spot beams, so channels that are on CONUS right now could be moved to the spotbeams (Denver comes to mind)

As long as E10 is up before the new "locals" deadline, E* need not do anything with the current locals. It'll be easier to determine their approach as we get closer to the deadline and if E10 is up or not.

Just in case it wasn't clear, E* doesn't need to move anything arround to a single dish approach until their deadline. Of course if new dishes are required, we'll see installs in advance so that the deadline is met.

So we may see some indication of E* plan in the next 6 months, but if Dish500 is all that will be needed we may not have any notification until just before the changes.

Iceberg said:
maybe...
E10 supposedly has more spot beams, so channels that are on CONUS right now could be moved to the spotbeams (Denver comes to mind)
oh please, oh please don't let Atlanta move to the spotbeam...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts