Scott, what's going on with a fix for the 721 L1.15 software

SteveinDanville

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
We haven't heard from you for a while on this subject. Are you still using a software version that the huddled masses did not get? We're still pretty upset out here in "give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything"-world. Seriously, what's up in Colorado these days?????

I have written my 721 contacts a few times and have received ZERO replies.

I am still running the beta software nothing new has come out since they last update.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have written my 721 contacts a few times and have received ZERO replies.

I am still running the beta software nothing new has come out since they last update.

Scott do you feel that Dish mislead you about the the 721 update? How could they keep feeding you info on release dates and thank you for your hard work and then release something different to the end users that is full of bugs and does not have the same features you were helping them test. I echo what others have said, give me back the old release until they can get their stuff together.

My guess is they rushed this release to support the superdish, well I'm sure there are very few 721 owners that would sink any more money into dish to upgrade.

What i believe happened is that scott's release is much like everyone elses. Just because he hasn't experienced bugs doesn't mean they're not there.

I'm sure there's plenty of users with 1.15 who have never encountered a bug. It comes down to luck, and scott was one of them and thought the software was flawless. There will always be holes and bugs you never saw when you release it to the masses.

I don't believe I was mis led.

I do believe that the engineers at Dish are being OVER WORKED.

I do find it upsetting I can't get a reply from the 721 team as to whats going on, but again I know they are working hard to get the new products out the door.

I do believe that my software is different then the software which was sent to subscribers as my screen saver works. :)

Some of the problems people are now reporting I have had problems with in earlier betas.

Knock on wood my 721 has been working good for me not even any problems when I switched my 721 from the legacy setup to the DISHpro/SuperDISH setup.

Are you getting a different beta than what you had before the 1.15 software was released or is it the same one? I wonder why they would not have released that software to the subscribers. Perhaps they made some changes with it and it caused these bugs.

I have heard in the past from many people that once you switch it from legacy to DishPro that it will not allow you to convert back to legacy again. Is this still an issue? If so then it would be a disadvantage because some may need to go back to a legacy setup such as a legacy Dish 500 or have their own legacy SuperDish setup and will not be able to do so with the 721.

No I have not received a new beta or the official release I am still stuck on the beta version I had before the 721 update came out.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I don't believe I was mis led.

I do believe that the engineers at Dish are being OVER WORKED.

I do find it upsetting I can't get a reply from the 721 team as to whats going on, but again I know they are working hard to get the new products out the door.

Scott, I agree that the Dish engineers are probably overworked and underpaid. My theory on why you are not getting any replies is Dish has abandoned the 721 as you said in an earlier post and are more concerned with the new machines that they want to get out the door before anyone notices the mistakes of their past.

Reminds me of Chrysler corp in a way, and we know what happened there

I have no inside info, and this is just pure speculation, but I would be extremely surprised if they were doing anything BUT devoting all resources to getting the 921/811/322/522 receivers out the door. Charlie had to eat a lot cowpucks with the last investor conference call so you KNOW that he took it out on the engineers when D* added more subscribers than E* for the first time in two years.

"probably overworked and underpaid"

Now I know this is true for me, so what! I still do my job and give 110% They release a early beta to the users of the 721, shame on them! That is it as simple as can be!

PS. Scott, wanna sell me your 721 when you get a 921 :)

They are going to continue supporting the 721 for the simple reason that the 921 is going to have similar software that the 721 has.

In addition to losing the "net add" competition with the other guys, Charlie also personally lost over $2,000,000,000 the next day then the stock tanked. :shock:

$2,000,000,000 in one day is enough to get anybody's attention. Hopefully he can keep focus.

Some days you lose a billion, some days you make a billion, thats the stock market for ya. He sure has made a lot more than he has lost, it all comes out in the end.

It's only a loss when you sell. Plus I think the 1000% runup he has enjoyed in the last ten years will ease his pain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)