Status
Not open for further replies.

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
I turned off Avatar's long ago.. but now suddenly I am seeing Scott's avatar. Just Scott's, nobody else.

What's up with that?

No idea. Thats very odd.

It is very odd. I think I might try turning Avatars on and the back off and see what that does.

Edit: Nope, toggled Avatars on. I see them all. Turn them off, they all go away except Scott's.

Maybe it is not bothering him(this was an assumption), maybe he is just curious, I would be.

I'll take this moment to say his current one is great- beautiful area. Is there a story behind it?

That is not the case since most of the staff is in the same usergroup that I am in.

There is a new version of vBulletin that came out today, but unfortunately I dont have time to install it tonight, perhaps that will fix this issue.

It really bothers you that much?

It doesn't bother me at all. I am just really curious as to why only one Avatar would show up. I am a engineer, so when something doesn't work as designed, it catches my attention and piques my curiosity.

And no, I am not on dial up. I simply turned avatar's off long ago when some had an animated one that kept pointing a pistol at the reader. Rather than complain, I just turned the feature off and haven't really missed it.

Does it really bother you that much that I asked?

I see Scott's and Sundude's even though I have avatars turned off.

My avatars are turned off so I can speed the page load process up a bit. The company's bandwidth gets pretty tight at times.

Edit: Enabling and disabling avatars does not correct the glitch. At least both avatars aren't animated gifs!

Status
Not open for further replies.