Scott's CES Brain Dump

yup thats a heat sink. Its metal.
Hmmm. Like the PocketDish sign, this one makes me go, "Hmmm." The USB spec is 0.5A at 5V, which is only 2.5 watts. Seems rather superfluous to put on such a gigantic heat sink to dissipate a mere 2.5 W.

I got all excited about all of this new stuff, thanks for the coverage, but did not know I was going to have to wait for it. I do not want to do that. I want it all now.

Well if it's like the announcements from last years ces, we'll see threads next year wondering where the announced products are. Dish is not really known for delivering anything in a timely fashion. In fact, the 922 shouldn't have even been shown last year. It was almost nothing more than proof of concept.

Hmmm. Like the PocketDish sign, this one makes me go, "Hmmm." The USB spec is 0.5A at 5V, which is only 2.5 watts. Seems rather superfluous to put on such a gigantic heat sink to dissipate a mere 2.5 W.

Actually, I was with Scott when he was talking to someone, i think an engineer. The release version will be smaller, but for now, this size was tested and stable, so they showed that one. So, when you are able to get one into your home, it will be smaller. :)

Great pictures

Scott great pictures. I would like to ask you scott if you heard anything about the volume leveling software for the 722k. Dish had said on there chat that it was to roll out in Decenber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts