Scott's Mini Hopper 3 Review

With the hopper 3 , while watching a show and recording a couple others can the sling be watching another channel? Right now if recording 2 shows with the 722 the sling can't be used to watch a channel.

With the hopper 3 , while watching a show and recording a couple others can the sling be watching another channel? Right now if recording 2 shows with the 722 the sling can't be used to watch a channel.
The sling requires 1 (ONE) of the 16 tuners. So unless you have 16 things being recordered or watched on H3 or aother Joeys your sling is good to go.

ok so does the hopper 3 update every night and do restarts?? on other forums there were alot of complaints about the hoppers updating every night and restarting

ok so does the hopper 3 update every night and do restarts?? on other forums there were alot of complaints about the hoppers updating every night and restarting

Only restarts after software updates once a year or so but guide data of course is downloaded whenever all units are in standby and no recordings

The 1am reboot is gone..

awsome!!!!
Love 99.9% of Dish but boy that 1:20 am reboot......ugh.

And what dish never respected was our cache ( meaning the end of what we were watching at the time) just went bye bye.

Can't tell you how many shows or movies I don't know the end to thanks to that little reboot.

Only restarts after software updates once a year or so but guide data of course is downloaded whenever all units are in standby and no recordings

The 1am reboot is gone..
Once a year?
It's only been out since January 30th, and has already had 3 different versions of software.

Once a year reboot?? Bahahahaha!
Yeah OKay.
When it's actually been out a year then try and claim that one.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Once a year?
It's only been out since January 30th, and has already had 3 different versions of software.

Once a year reboot?? Bahahahaha!
Yeah OKay.
When it's actually been out a year they try and claim that one.The point was to draw a distinction between an OS reboot and a guide downliad. Meaning between frequent an infrequent, not to predict firmware updates.

But surly you understood that.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I have a Hopper with Sling and 1 Joey. I installed a new Onkyo receiver and need to connect the red/white RCA cable from the Onkyo to the Audio Output on the Hopper. But the Audio/Video outlets are connected to a powered box and the output of the box is coax connected to my Joey in the bedroom. Does the Hopper 3 have a coax hub that will free up the Audio/Video outlet?

I have a Hopper with Sling and 1 Joey. I installed a new Onkyo receiver and need to connect the red/white RCA cable from the Onkyo to the Audio Output on the Hopper. But the Audio/Video outlets are connected to a powered box and the output of the box is coax connected to my Joey in the bedroom. Does the Hopper 3 have a coax hub that will free up the Audio/Video outlet?
Use hdmi instead of RCA.

Press Menu twice to get to the Diagnostics screen. Your remote information will be on the right side of the screen.
Hey Bobby, "diagnostics screen" sounds like something I'd like to see. No Menu button on 52.0 remote. Other? Also, has anyone posted a set of shortcuts for the 52.0 like I saw for the older remote? Brand new to this stuff, so have only been with dish and hopper3 for 48 hours (still downloading software to my Joey 2 right now actually). I'm gonna have the coolest sat TV installation of any RV in our park!
Thanks. Gene

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)