Scott's Mini Hopper 3 Review

On my HWS I got 24 OTA channels. On my H3 I only got 8 channels. With the same source my 4K TV gets 28 OTA channels. I have 2 OTA toggles and both work poorly on the H3.

That seems strange since the Hopper 3 should have nothing to do with what you receive. I believe it only matters about the OTA dongle. I hooked mine up and picked up the same amount of channels.

Thanks to DISH Network for the Tweet about our review today. :)

retweet.png

No I didn't and the reason why I didn't was because we have a BUNCH of timers for shows that are no longer on. It was easier for me to add in the timers for what we watch then delete all the timer of the shows that are no more. :)

I have 2 hoppers side by side because of all the conflicts and still have conflicts, so definitely want the hopper 3.
Are you saying there is some method to transfer stuff from hopper2 to hopper3? Can it transfer all my recordings or do I need to send to EHD and then restore to hopper3?
Can you point me to someplace that explains transfer from hopper to hopper?

Hopper to Hopper transfer is not working at the moment.

Best (and Fastest) way to do it is by using an External Hard Drive.

Wow, I had no idea the remote could do this, that is great. Now I just have to figure out how to do it. :) So, how to I convince the tech to leave my 40 remote with me when he takes away the Hopper 1? Or will he let me transfer the timers before taking it away, hopefully?! I will also get an external hard drive as well to backup my current recordings. Lost everything last time I upgraded 3 years ago and hoping to avoid that this time.
I haven't checked for awhile but I thought the hard drive was used to move recordings only, so if a drive fails, all recordings are lost. I just lost a pile of recordings on my hopper in the last two weeks and got a replacement hopper.

I got a question: What if I have set up wireless internet with the H3 and found out the connection isn't stable enough and want to go back to Ethernet? I cannot figure out how to remove the wireless connection and use Ethernet instead.

I haven't checked for awhile but I thought the hard drive was used to move recordings only, so if a drive fails, all recordings are lost. I just lost a pile of recordings on my hopper in the last two weeks and got a replacement hopper.

You can transfer recordings from a receiver in order to put them on another receiver or you can use it for just extra storage.

When my Hopper gets full I either delete shows or transfer them on to my EHD. I can watch them from the EHD at any time. I can access the EHD from any room too.

I got a question: What if I have set up wireless internet with the H3 and found out the connection isn't stable enough and want to go back to Ethernet? I cannot figure out how to remove the wireless connection and use Ethernet instead.
Hook your Ethernet cable to the Hopper and do a Reset Network.

Reactions: ralfyguy
Ok,
Thinking of upgrading...
The Hopper 3 have blu tooth? also 4k Joeys have blu tooth?
I currently have 2 Hoppers with sling. Since Dish will
only give one Hopper I guess ill have to share dvr recordings with whole family.
Right now-I have 2 separate units-Kids have game room-wife and I have master bedroom.
How can you set up with new units-own record list?

Netflix active???

Thank you

I had the same issues.
Had to do Two things to fix.

One, remove the 2nd OTA tuner Coax line, it was not capped and was leaking bad signals in, it was no longer needed as I only have One OTA tuner now.
Two ,reboot the Hopper and rescan. A reboot is required to get a true new Rescan.

On my HWS I got 24 OTA channels. On my H3 I only got 8 channels. With the same source my 4K TV gets 28 OTA channels. I have 2 OTA toggles and both work poorly on the H3.

Reactions: Foxbat
Well this is disappointing.... Got this today....

Your installation is not possible because the equipment the Hopper 3 uses can only look at three satellites when paired with a side dish, and does not support the four satellites your installation requires.

Huh? The entire New York Market is locked out of this? I'm confused. As far as I can tell, I only look at three satellites right now (with most of the channels on two birds as far as I can tell). I don't know what the 4th is.... I am still on a 10 year old setup with two dishes and two switches serving 4 DVRs, a 722, a 622, a 211, and a 612..... All with EHDs hooked up to them, although the "My equipment" tab says that only one has an EHD hooked up (the 211).....

Maybe it is time to look at DirecTV. That unlimited Data plan for AT&T for DirecTV subscribers might finally push me over the fence after 16 years with E*. Content on the EHDs is the only thing making me want to stay, with no SNY sports channel after 3 years since they dropped it making it that much worse (When the Mets stunk I didn't care, but they are compelling TV again)

Bob contact DIRT and explain it to them. They should be able to do a 1000.2 EA Setup for you. (And get rid of one of the dish's.)

That is unless you have foreign stuff from 118.7. That could be the issue.

Reactions: navychop
Bob contact DIRT and explain it to them. They should be able to do a 1000.2 EA Setup for you. (And get rid of one of the dish's.)

That is unless you have foreign stuff from 118.7. That could be the issue.

Nope, no foreign channels anymore.... I had TV-5 from France way back when, but dumped it years ago.

Will try again.... They seemed pretty final in their response, didn't realize it would be just a dish swap to get me in the green again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)