Screen Fill with PS3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

2x10

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I have tried everything to adjust a Blue Ray movie to fill the entire screen and I still get about 2 inches black on top and bottom. All regular DVD's are filing screen perfectly.

I am not interested in custom fit, zoom or wide.

I have adjusted all video settings from 720 to 1080i etc with no luck

I have a Samsung 5054 720p if this helps.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A lot of movies (especially ones on blu-ray or hddvd) are transfered in their original theatrical aspect ratio such as 2.35:1 or 2.40:1. There is no way other than to zoom to get the bars off the top and bottom. If you really dont like the black bars, look for movies with an aspect ratio around 1.78:1 or 1.85:1. The aspect ratios are usually listed on the back of the box. Hope that helps.

I knew someone would take care of me!! Thanks Ozzy!

I am ok with the black bars --- just wanted to get the maximum effect!!

With your Sammy 5054 just be a little careful, especially if new, since plasma prone to some image retention. After watching a movie with "black bars" you should watch some full screen content with no static images for a while. If t.v. is "broken-in" you shouldn't have too many worries.

With your Sammy 5054 just be a little careful, especially if new, since plasma prone to some image retention. After watching a movie with "black bars" you should watch some full screen content with no static images for a while. If t.v. is "broken-in" you shouldn't have too many worries.

I did notice the image retention the first night and it was only after about an hour of SD. It lasted about 30 min (IR) and we turned TV off and went to bed. Now we bounce back and forth rrom HD to SD and IR only lasts a few seconds. It scared me the first night, but we LOVE this TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)