SD card vs. HD card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

taylor2767

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I'm thinking of buying a H20 and using the access card from the R15. Will this work?

Maybe. Directv typically wants you to buy a new card ($20) if you try to activate a receiver which was originally on another account, but sometimes the CSR will activate an old one. The chances are better if it comes from a currently-activated receiver.

If you are willing to go for a 2 year commitment, you can probably get a new H20 free.

You're going to get a card when you get the new receiver anyway... what's the benefit of reusing the old one, even if
you could?

Access cards are access cards, they just authorize programming. The one from the R15 will work in any HD receiver

Access cards are access cards, they just authorize programming. The one from the R15 will work in any HD receiver

But my question still stands... if you're getting a new receiver, it comes with a new card, what's the point of trying to re-use one?

But my question still stands... if you're getting a new receiver, it comes with a new card, what's the point of trying to re-use one?
Not buying new. That was why I asked the question. If I get the H20 I'll call a try to have them tag the R15 card with the H20 serial#.

Please post what happens when you contact D*. I am considering buying a new H20 from Costco for less than D* sells it but if I have to pay them $20 for a card, it's a wash.

Regardless if they are compatible (which they are assuming they are of current release) is not the point. The point is that once card A is married to receiver A then the issuing DBS company wants you to use a NEW card for the new receiver. So one will either come with the new one as is always the case OR they will gladly overnight one to you for a $20 or $25 CC hold which they will credit back to you once you activate within the alloted 14 day window. Easy as that!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts