SD/HD on Panasonic TH-50PX60U Plasma

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have the 42PX600U and love it. I looked at lots of reviews and think this HD set is the price/performance leader.
I found that the following settings online will get you the best picture quality for most sources (SD or HD):
Panasonic TH-42PX60U Optimal Picture Settings (ISF Calibration)
Picture Mode Standard
Picture +22
Brightness +8
Color -1
Tint -4
Sharpness -14
Color Temperature Warm
Enhanced Black Level Off

c5auto,
I have mine set to those settings you referenced and the picture is great on HD.
SD seems to really suck right now on the local channels and most of the other SD also. Wish I could tweak that stuff out.
Finally got over 100 hours without any type of Image Retention. I mostly watched tv in Full aspect, only occasionally having black bars across the top and bottom from DVD's that I watched. Haven't watched anything in 4:3 much yet, but will do so pretty soon. I am guessing that the image retention or "burn in" isn't as big a problem as I was led to believe....at least with this tv.
Just can't wait to get locals and FSN in HD. We watch the Rangers all summer and then a lot of CBS night time.
Thanks for your input.

Is there any way to find out how many hours the tV was used. I bought a Panny from my local Frys and I have heard they have a reputation of repackaging returns and selling them as new

I have that TV (at least I am pretty sure that is the one). One thing that might be useful is to find a spare SD card, download the newest firmware for the TV from the net, and upload it to the tv through the card reader. it improves visual quality imo, reducing the clay face thing to a great degree. i have mine hooked up through a Panasonic xr700 receiver with hdmi connection with the ps3 and dish 211 hooked up which makes switching easy. since its a panasonic tv, it can send control info over hdmi to the receiver in question so that you can control volume, etc directly with tv remote.

Panasonic TH-42PX600U

Very interesting! Do you know how to find out what verison of firmware is currently loaded in the Pan tv?
What is your source for updated firmware?
Using the settings referenced above, I don't have the "clay face" problem that I have seen on some demo units at retailers, but I always like to have the latest firmware installed.
Thanks

Very interesting! Do you know how to find out what verison of firmware is currently loaded in the Pan tv?
What is your source for updated firmware?
Using the settings referenced above, I don't have the "clay face" problem that I have seen on some demo units at retailers, but I always like to have the latest firmware installed.
Thanks

yours may already have the newest firmware b/c you aren't seeing that issue. as far as where to get it, I am guessing panasonic site but I cannot remember. on avsforum in the flat panel forum there is a thread that may have info, or you can start a thread with this question and someone should be able to provide the info. It's a popular display so answer will probably come very quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)