SD Picture Choppy (live/recorded)

mkosater

Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Anyone else seeing issues with jumpy SD channels? The symptom seems to be frames being dropped, so the video is very choppy. Sounds is fine. This is on my 622. I noticed it during the afternoon yesterday playing back a recording. Switching to a live HD channel was fine. I cleaned up some old shows off the hard drive. The problem seemed to go away after I did that, and the recordings played fine. Possibly clearing recording is related or not.

Then it happened again last night, I was watching live HD fine, then I switched to a live SD channel and the video was choppy again. I tried a number of HD channels all seemed fine. I tried a number of SD channels, and they were choppy. I did no further trouble shooting at that time.

Hardware issue or recent update issue? Thoughts?

Matt

I noticed the same thing yesterday on Baby First. Video was very choppy. I didn't do any troubleshooting as my 8 month old didn't seem to care. :)

It is common on the 722. It can be cured by a combination of fast forward and reverse repeatedly until it stops. There is no silver bullet combination just trial and error. Unfortunately, pause and restart does not correct the problem.

Thanks for the tip. I am on the 622, and have had the same unit for about two years. This is the first time I have ever seen this problem. The types of issues drive me nuts. There has to be a root cause.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)