SD to HD Upgrade - What to look for?

55Ford

Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
I'm currently a AT250 subscriber and would like to upgrade to AT250 + HD Gold. In addition, I'd like to upgrade my box from a basic 2-room receiver to the 2 room receiver with DVR.

I was told by Dish that in my zip code (Minneapolis area) that I might require 2 satellites if there was not a strong enough signal or at the very least a new dish would be required. Just wondering if anyone in the Minneapolis area has had any experience with this. Did you need 2 dishes in order to get the SD and HD signals? If only 1 dish is required, is the new dish they install compatible with my current mast/mounting system or will they have to install a new mount and/or run new cabling?

As far as costs, I was told that the upgrade would be $150 (-$50 promo) to upgrade to the 2 room HD DVR and an additional $10/month programming. Does this sound right? Is there any monthly upgrade fee for a DVR?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Can not speak about Minneapolis. Be sure that you have DVR Advantage 250 which will include the $6.00 DVR fee and Locals. Without DVR Advantage, you would have to pay the DVR fee.

I'm in Duluth and get all 3 sats on 1 dish (the 1000.2). Sats 110 & 119 come in fine, but 129 is a little weak. But everyone seems to have that problem. It can be annoying because a lot of the HD channels are on 129. But we really haven't had that much problem with signal loss since the system was installed in April.

Well it looks like you have to use the 129 because your HD locals are on there. So I'm not quite sure what E* is telling you . Unless your HD locals are going to be on the 61.5 shortly. Or they are giving you a seperate dish for the 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)