SD vs. HD pricing

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Does everyone remember how Dish was making a big deal of how companies are charging more for their HD channels on top of the SD channels? Pretty much the whole dispute with Disney. I have a question for Dish: If you feel it is not fair for companies to charge you more for their HD channel then why is it fair to charge customers $1 to $2 more for a PPV in HD? Seems to be pretty hypercritical.

Apples vs Oranges.
You are equating providing an HD channel included with the sd one. PPV only gives you what you select. If you want to save the $, get the lower quality one. Dish is giving you HD version of a channel you subscribe to instead of charing you more, but when you order a PPV, you are only ordering the version you want, not both.

I was just looking at the prices for PPV and noticed it. I just thought it was a little funny. I can understand the fact that people will pay more because of the better quality. I pay more for Blu-ray movies from netflix, but Blu-ray movies cost more to purchase in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)